Per Round Pricing

rogerstv

With regards to brass case rounds FMJ, hollow point, whatever.....Bulk ammo for magazine dumps and tree shoots type of fun.

What are the lowest per round prices people are finding for .223 rounds ?? If memory serves me anything around $ 0.04 per round was a great deal several years ago. A nearby Scheels has .223 around $ 0.06 per round plus 10% off. Case of 1,000.

How about 9mm ??

Their shelves are stocked with bricks of Small Rifle Primers and SR Mag. They have a decent supply of powder. Ammo shelves were packed. Woo hoo !!!!

With regards to brass case rounds FMJ, hollow point, whatever.....Bulk ammo for magazine dumps and tree shoots type of fun.

What are the lowest per round prices people are finding for .223 rounds ?? If memory serves me anything around $ 0.04 per round was a great deal several years ago. A nearby Scheels has .223 around $ 0.06 per round plus 10% off. Case of 1,000.

How about 9mm ??

Their shelves are stocked with bricks of Small Rifle Primers and SR Mag. They have a decent supply of powder. Ammo shelves were packed. Woo hoo !!!!
?
Are you sure you've done your math correctly ? My local scheels is 56 cents per round--- not even close to 5-6 cents per round.

I remember back in the early 90's when I could get it for 20cents per round but I've never seen 223 ammo for 3-4 cents ea....now 22lr ammo- yes...I remember that for as low as 2cents ea-- but that was quite some time ago too

Last edited:
What are the lowest per round prices people are finding for .223 rounds ?? If memory serves me anything around $ 0.04 per round was a great deal several years ago.

How about 9mm ??
If you were paying .04 per rd, it was early 90's or before, been a long time ago. Lowest I ever bought 223 ammo at was 143.00 per case, S&B brand, which at the time I blew off as cheap, but the brass turned out to be rather good for reloading. At the same time, around 2000, PMC ammo was around 185 per case.
I must admit, I was late to the 9mm game, but the cheapest factory ammo I ever bought was 11.5 cents per rd, around 2007 or so. You could pick up reman ammo cheaper.
I was buying cases of 45 acp ammo mid 90's, cheapest there was 200 per case to my door. Place was Bachman pawn and gun out of Dallas TX I believe.

Anyways, welcome to the 21st century!

Last edited:
If you were paying .04 per rd, it was early 90's or before, been a long time ago. Lowest I ever bought 223 ammo at was 143.00 per case, S&B brand, which at the time I blew off as cheap, but the brass turned out to rather good for reloading. At the same time, around 2000, PMC ammo was around 185 per case.
I must admit, I was late to the 9mm game, but the cheapest factory ammo I ever bought was 11.5 cents per rd, around 2007 or so. You could pick up reman ammo cheaper.
I was buying cases of 45 acp ammo mid 90's, cheapest there was 200 per case to my door. Place was Bachman pawn and gun out of Dallas TX I believe.

Anyways, welcome to the 21st century!
I remember when primers were 99 cents per sleve --- those were the days!! I'm sure others remember the prices even lower too.

Some rifle ammo is 5.00 per round for factory stuff , then go fill up your 100,000.00 truck , with fuel for over 5.00 per gallon ,
Take off to go shooting with your 5000.00 rifle .

i still can't figure out how they come up with the price for a new truck ?

No vale la Pena or , its not worth what your asking.

Not to derail but I agree with you cornshank.
How in the heck are they selling F150s and 1500 series trucks for $75,000? Who in hell is buying them for that price? In my neck of the woods apparently nobody needs a job so I have no idea who they are selling them to.
I rant about this topic extensively to anyone that will listen several times a week.
Carry on.

Is this discussion about brass cases or fully loaded rounds? If it is about fully loaded rounds, I agree with everyone else that you are not going to find them that cheap. If you are just talking about brass cases, then here is a site that has them relatively cheap: