Pedersoli John Bodine

Mrvmax

Anyone here have any of the Pedersoli rifles in 45-70? I'm considering buying one but there's not much info on them.

Anyone here have any of the Pedersoli rifles in 45-70? I'm considering buying one but there's not much info on them.
I have a David Pedersoli "Quigley Rifle" in 45-120, it is very accurate, I only hunted once with it, it is very Heavy, after that season of toting it in the Texas Hill Country I put it back into the gun safe. I use it for target shooting now. It is Black Powder only and if I had to do it all over again, I would go with 45-70 smokeless. Cleaning it after shooting really is a pain.

I'm considering the John Bodine or Tascosa Sharps long range models right now. I'll definitely be using smokeless.

I had the John Bodine model in 45-70. Really liked it, got the Tang sight and shot is out to 600 yds with Leverevolution reloads. Sold it because it sat in the safe. Very Accurate. Hunted it on Javalina. Impressive kills. Had a great deal of fun with it.

I had the John Bodine model in 45-70. Really liked it, got the Tang sight and shot is out to 600 yds with Leverevolution reloads. Sold it because it sat in the safe. Very Accurate. Hunted it on Javalina. Impressive kills. Had a great deal of fun with it.
What was the accuracy? The little I have read states they can shoot 1 moa or less. I would try it our pig hunting, but, like my other rifles, it would spend much time in the safe. Like many on here I like to be challenged when hunting and this would be a way to give the hunt a little extra challenge.

Accuracy was MOA for me. But that was me. I remember I could put 3 in the 1" square once I dialed in my load. I had the Globe front Sight w/ inserts and the upgraded Tang sight with the selectable aperture. This really helped me a great deal. I had originally wanted to put a period correct scope on it. One of the very long ones. But I was offered more than I had in it. So it went. I bought it for pig hunting as well, just never made it to the ranch to do so. I used the Hornady LeverEvolution 325gr bullets. Shot really well. Still have some factory ammo for it LOL.
I'd like to get one of the tacticool Lever action 45-70s, I have a can and I am told that it is very quite with the subsonic ammo and packs a hell of a punch.
Kinda wish I hadn't sold it.
I friend has an original Sharps 45-70 with the midrange tang sight for sale. But with a build in progress and another falling block I am looking at, oh well.

I had the all weather Marlin in 45-70 but was offered $2500 for it so it had to go. If I decide to buy a Pedersoli it will have the Tang sight

Wow, great sale and not one to be turned down. The John Bodine model is really beautiful. At least the one I had was. I have a Ruger Blackhawk Bisley in 45LC and I am hoping to find a Lever Action with a threaded barrel in 45LC, but wont break my heart if I find a 45-70 either.
IMG_1052.jpeg