John LAZZERONI new member

LazzInc

Official LRH Sponsor
I have joined this forum to answer any questions that you may have in reference to Lazzeroni rifles and our proprietary calibers ,,,,

I also wish to become a sponsor of this forum ,,,,

6.71 Phantom

Why do we never hear anything about it? The Warbird was pushed for a long time until the 30-378 and 300 RUM were introduced, then it's popularity seems to have faded presumably due to availability of brass and the such. But being a 6.5 fanatic for a long time I have always wondered why I have never come across anyone who owned a Phantom. I would like too but very little info available on it. I have wanted to ask you this question for years.

John, I am pleased to see you here -- and welcome.

I'll email you advertising info.

Len

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the warm welcome ,,,,

cfvickers ,,,,,,

the story of the Lazzeroni 6.71 (.264) Phantom, is one of being a short-magnum, and using a .264 caliber bullet ,,,,

even though YOU are one of the many 264 enthusiasts around, the sales numbers are not particularly impressive for this bullet diameter, no matter what head stamp is pasted on the back end of the brass case ,,,,

in addition, the short-magnum CRAZE of the past decade has about run it's course, so that depresses potential sales numbers even further ,,,,,

we still offer brass for the Phantom, but when it does run out, I won't be reordering it ,,,,,

Lazzeroni caliber 7.82 (.308) Warbird is still by far Lazzeronis' #1 chambering, and I believe that it is the world's BEST all-around hunting caliber ,,,,

The Warbird is the fastest commercially chambered/factory loaded 30 caliber cartridge in the world, it is beltless, it headspaces on the shoulder, and makes the most efficient use of its powder capacity, compared to all other super-magnums available ,,,,

The lack of a belt is what interests me in your cartridges. If the rest of the world only knew what a 6.5mm bullet is capable of. Sorry, I wasn't trying to insult the Warbird by any means. Just pointing out that I don't hear as much about it lately since the intro of the aforementioned cartridges. Efficiency is what it's all about. No need for a huge capacity if you can't burn it all before the bullet exits the muzzle. Got a buddy that is convinced he wants a .270 STW with a 24" barrel. I just shake my head. Some just don't want to understand.

John welcome. I've been reading about your creations for years and have seen a few of them perform in the field.

You guys do great work and certainly challenge the other custom guys to keep on the ball.

Folks like you and Kirby Allen must really give the big guys custom shops and development staffs lot of headaches HA!

It's great to see John join our community, hopefully he can spare enough time to contribute semi-regularly:D
John, my go-to hunting round has been the 7.82 Patriot for years (sorry it's a Remmy :)), the brass has taken a TON of use/abuse w/o any hiccups (although I'm curious about the two different head stamps I seem to have) velocity is at or in most cases above .300 win velocities & produces better than average accuracy (if it won't print close to 1/2 moa I won't accept it).

Shorter than the WSM's to allow longer bullet seating & fatter to allow similar capacities... well thought out John, I'm very happy with it.

outlaw ,,,,,

the Lazzeroni Patriot is by far the best 30 caliber short-magnum available, better than the 300 WSM and the 300SUM ,,,, ((you already know this))

Overall, it is shorter than the WSM and faster than both of them, at the same pressure ,,,,,,

the Patriot has the fattest powder column, in ratio to its length, which is what makes it so efficient, easily beating the longer 300 win-mag, while using less powder and a shorter barrel to do the job ,,,,,

but, just like all the other short magnums that were released, sales fell when the short-magnum-craze ended a few years ago ,,,,

the brass cases we offered in the 90s for the Patriot were made by MAST TECH in Las Vegas ,,,,, the second batch of brass that i purchased in the 2000s was made by Steve Hornady ,,,, thus the head stamp variations ,,,,

I have thousands of rounds of Patriot brass and loaded ammo in our warehouse, and we fully support the caliber, now and in the future ,,,,,

outlaw ,,,,,

"...the brass cases we offered in the 90s for the Patriot were made by MAST TECH in Las Vegas ,,,,, the second batch of brass that i purchased in the 2000s was made by Steve Hornady ,,,, thus the head stamp variations ,,,,

I have thousands of rounds of Patriot brass and loaded ammo in our warehouse, and we fully support the caliber, now and in the future ,,,,,

Thanks John, after conducting volume tests (internal capacity) on a limited basis, I have proved (at least to myself) that there is no distinguishable difference in internal capacity between the two, but it sure did scare me when I stumbled upon it!!

A double thanks for supporting a fantastic cartridge, I'll be using it primarily throughout the foreseeable future.

I also think that the more recent batch of Lazzeroni Patriot brass made by Steve Hornady, is a little more consistant in the wall thickness and run-out area ,,,,

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts