Passing on reloading skills

You were lucky, on a good day we got 2 channels the rest of the time was 1.
We didn't have traditional A/C until I was 12, before that we had a swamp cooler
A/C? What was that? In the South, swamp coolers were unheard of, so it was open windows with a fan. That and/or wet your shirt or a towel with cool well water. Even the cars and trucks had no A/C

A/C? What was that? In the South, swamp coolers were unheard of, so it was open windows with a fan. That and/or wet your shirt or a towel with cool well water. Even the cars and trucks had no A/C
Yeah we had a/c - we called it "455,". 4 windows rolled down at 55 miles an hour. 😁🥵🥶

It's so humid in the south, adding a swamp cooler would be just like having hot/warm water drench you from head to toe. You'd always be soaked. I remember using a swamper in Arizona, New Mexico, and West Texas. They worked as long as it was dry (real low humidity).

The old windows opened down from the top and up from the bottom. That gave the rising hotter air a place to go and let the lower cooler air come in. They set up a nice circulation in the room and house. Our house, about 90 miles in from the Texas Gulf Coast, didn't have AC. We had the style of window that I just listed and an attic fan. That sucker (attic fan), pun intended, would pull the fog in from outside and you would wake up a little damp lol but summer temps were just summer temps. The latest "heat wave" hasn't set a record around here (yet). It's almost like it's been hot before.

My oldest son. I'll start on my grandson's when they are older. 6 is a bit early.
Nonsense. My 3 year old loves lubing cases for me and "rolling them" on the RCBS lube pad. She'll even put them back in the ammo case for me when they're done being sized. I was pulling some bullets the other day and while I was dumping the powder and bullet she was putting the shell holder on another cartridge for me! My 7 year old has helped pull the press handle a bunch while I fill the cases with powder. She can seat bullets, so long as I have everything set right, I just have her pull it until she stops. Sizing is a little bit more difficult for her at times.

Last edited:
Yeah we had a/c - we called it "455,". 4 windows rolled down at 55 miles an hour. 😁🥵🥶

It's so humid in the south, adding a swamp cooler would be just like having hot/warm water drench you from head to toe. You'd always be soaked. I remember using a swamper in Arizona, New Mexico, and West Texas. They worked as long as it was dry (real low humidity).
I would sleep in front of the swamp cooler during the summer and wake up in the morning soaking wet.
Loved it 😊