Opinions on Tikka TSR-1 in .308

Jmatt

I've been looking to pick up a new rifle. I want a resonably lightweight BA rifle in an AR style chassis. chassis. I was at a Cabelas today and handled a Tikka TSR-1 with a 20".308 barrel. Even though it's a few pounds heavier than I would like, it feels good in my hands, and seems like a pretty well built rig. Do any of you own one or have any experience with one? I'd love to get some feedback. FWIW, they no longer make them. Thanks in advance. Jim

So they only made 400 of these and a few are still for sale so I guess no one here has actually handled one. How about the Mcrees chassis it's in? Anyone have any thoughts on that chassis (G10) or any of the Mcrees chassis? I hadn't heard of that company till a few days ago.

I have no experience with this particular model but my tikka is stupid accurate with every brand of ammo and bullet weight I've tried (5) it's sub Moa with everything. I know that's little help to you but I say buy it!!! Good luck

The newest and lightest chassis is from XLR:

https://xlrindustries.com/products/copy-of-element-chassis

190814_Element3.0_SmokeBS_CarbonGrip_grande.jpg

I would not hesitate to put a Tikka T3 in this chassis. They offer it in SA cartridges only.

That is an impressive chassis and I have considered it. Unfortunately, by the time you add buttstock and grip, mag and folding buttstock adapter, your above 1k and heading towards $1500 if you opt for the lightweight carbon parts. Then you still have to supply a barreled action! Lots of money no matter how you slice it.

I've been looking to pick up a new rifle. I want a resonably lightweight BA rifle in an AR style chassis. chassis. I was at a Cabelas today and handled a Tikka TSR-1 with a 20".308 barrel. Even though it's a few pounds heavier than I would like, it feels good in my hands, and seems like a pretty well built rig. Do any of you own one or have any experience with one? I'd love to get some feedback. FWIW, they no longer make them. Thanks in advance. Jim
I picked one up in late 2018 , amazing firearm ! Its a bit heavy . 600 yrds 180 gr. bthp winchester ammo its a nail driver . The action is smooth as glass. When i leave this world its going with!!!!!!

Yup, I ended up buying that rifle and I have really enjoyed it. Very accurate and the ergonomics suit me. Mine likes the 178gr precision hunters.

Recent Posts