Opinions: Wolf Match Ammo in .308

JAMMAN

Hello all,

I'm currently looking at the .308 very intensely as the first longer range gun for me. I'm also doing the research into the handloads for it and others.

But I was at the gun shop and they had a box of Wolf Match Ammo for $6 each. They had a small quantity. I don't know if this is a constant price. But if it is, it would certainly be a bargain, it would seem.

As an added note, it had the brass colored green almost like it was mil surplus. Also, there seemed to be a clear coat on the entire bullet.

What thoughts does anyone have about this? I'd love to hear some.

Thank you

I believe that the wolf center fire ammo is made with laquered steel casings which would make them non reloadable
However I do know several guys at the pistol club have tried the rimfire ammo with good results in their match guns

I don't know about the 308 stuff but the 223 wolf ammo is the most inconsistent,dirtiest,inaccurate crap i ever shot in my ar. The Steel cases can't be reloaded either.

Ok, guys...

That's what I wanted to find out. I really appreciate the input. With the .22 world, wolf is a good accurate load in a number of guns. I haven't shot it, but had heard good stuff.

Glad I found this out the easy way!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.