Oops, got varget in my 4166

Does he mix gunpowders and experiment with them? Like many scientific discoveries he might make a great breakthrough and solve the energy crisis. But a different kind of breakthrough is much more likely.
He doesn't. I reloaded for him. He's still alive. I'm not into experimenting much anymore. I've blown up two rifles. Too old for that now. 😉

We all make mistakes, that isn't the problem. The issue arises when we ignore the mistake and plow ahead. Reloading done right is really a pretty safe hobby, tolerances however are pretty darn small. It doesn't take a big mistake to make things go BOOM in a bad way. Toss the powder, whether it is ten rounds worth or 200, why would you take that kind of risk for any reason let alone 5 bucks worth of powder.

If you decide to scrap it, sprinkle on the lawn - good fertilizer.
To be honest, never thought about doing this and will try it in the future if I ever mess up like that again, however after 50+ years of doing this stuff I think that after I spread the contaminated powder on my lawn I would promptly water the lawn to neutralize the powder and help it find its way to the root system. Otherwise it would be my luck that after spreading the powder one of my friends who smokes would toss his/her Marlboro butt onto the area I just powdered. Kind of reminds me of an old Johnny Horton song, "The Battle of New Orleans," and what happened when the Alligators behind was powdered. Yes, I know you young pups have no Idea what I'm talking about. Are you curious??? Do a search on Johnny Horton's Music. :D

To be honest, never thought about doing this and will try it in the future if I ever mess up like that again, however after 50+ years of doing this stuff I think that after I spread the contaminated powder on my lawn I would promptly water the lawn to neutralize the powder and help it find its way to the root system. Otherwise it would be my luck that after spreading the powder one of my friends who smokes would toss his/her Marlboro butt onto the area I just powdered. Kind of reminds me of an old Johnny Horton song, "The Battle of New Orleans," and what happened when the Alligators behind was powdered. Yes, I know you young pups have no Idea what I'm talking about. Are you curious??? Do a search on Johnny Horton's Music. :D
Know this one by heart. My brother and I had it on 45, back in the early 60's,,,played it over and over and over, on our little "record player" in Delavan WI. Must be a Wisconsin thing? "so we grabbed an alligator and we fought another round,,, we filled his head with cannon balls and powdered his behind,,, and when we touched the powder off the gator lost his mind,,, But my favotite verse,,,, "Yeh they ran throught the briars and they ran through brambles, and they ran through the bushes where a rabbit couldn't go, they ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch em, on down the mississippi to the gulf of Mexico.
Thanks for the memory, Terri Anne!

You could always mix it with a friend's ashes and spread it out on the hunting grounds.

Recent Posts