Oops, got varget in my 4166

I dumped 2 lbs. of old ball powder in the middle of the street 2 fourth of July's ago at 11pm. No streetlights . It had a flame 10 ft. High and lit up half the block. It was so cool I went back in searching for old powder I'd never use. There's still a foot circle in asphalt that melted . 😳

550 grs of powder is not a lot. I would use that powder , with a safe load, to use to foul your barrel or to fireform brass. I believe I would base the load on the 4166 data. If you are nervous then I would just dump it.JWIWD
I had a similar thing happen and ended up just dumping it... I dumped Blue Dot from my powder measure in with BLC2 that I stupidly had out on the bench at the same time, I was on the phone when I realized what I did... Mental note.. no phone/ distractions... So glad I caught it

I dumped 2 lbs. of old ball powder in the middle of the street 2 fourth of July's ago at 11pm. No streetlights . It had a flame 10 ft. High and lit up half the block. It was so cool I went back in searching for old powder I'd never use. There's still a foot circle in asphalt that melted . 😳
Hey, Don, was that the night before you changed your dog's name to Whiskey??? Well looky there, you just got my 100th post! Hope you are doing well, my friend!

Hey, Don, was that the night before you changed your dog's name to Whiskey??? Well looky there, you just got my 100th post! Hope you are doing well, my friend!
Lmao 😂 It may have been. I have CRS bad now... I haven't seen you at the range for a long time 😉 Glad to see your still kickin ! I'm doing ok. 100th post ! Congrats ! Hope you and family are doing well also. Thanks my friend.

Come down and let's go shooting soon. Drew an Az. rifle elk tag. Thinking of taking the 300 Rum beast (if I can get somebody to carry it) and maybe 6.5 PRC. Or 300 Win. Mag. If I draw anything else in Az., Ut., Nv. or here I'm screwed ! Lol !

Come down and let's go shooting soon. Drew an Az. rifle elk tag. Thinking of taking the 300 Rum beast (if I can get somebody to carry it) and maybe 6.5 PRC. Or 300 Win. Mag. If I draw anything else in Az., Ut., Nv. or here I'm screwed ! Lol !
An AZ rifle elk? Is that good for a bull? Sure hope it is! Would love to come down and be able to stretch it out again. Gotta take the Beast! OP, sorry for derail.

An AZ rifle elk? Is that good for a bull? Sure hope it is! Would love to come down and be able to stretch it out again. Gotta take the Beast! OP, sorry for derail.
Yes a bull. $650 ... I"ll take it but don't know if I'll carry it. I have complete conference in it out to 600 yds. Got CDS dial set up for Berger 215 but not sure yet. Maybe ELDX 212 or Nosler 210 LRAB. I'd have to get a new turret made. Berger shooting great with N570