Only 1 Rifle selection?

Have the itch for another rifle - probably my last one and looking for thoughts. Western style long range rifle for free range Texas Elk (have taken total 6-7 animals average 400 yards, Texas Aoudads - 400-yard, Free range Eland, and Gemsbok. Planning on a Mexico Sendero Mule Deer this fall. I reload for everything, so wildcats are not a problem. Would prefer not to fire-form brass due to time and expense of that process. Looking for something in the 280AI to 300 PRC calibers.
The 280AI or a 7mm mag will do everything you need to do.

What if you're hunting in grizzly country?
Then your list might be more selective!
Maybe if you were concerned because you hunted in Grizzly territory all hunting season long. Which I used to and in Alaska so I always had a Freedom Arms 454 in my crotch below my hip belt.

But that's a rare occurrence to be charged. Even if you were a 175 Partition isn't anything to scoff at going 2,800 f/s, and neither is a 325 gr hard lead cast bullet from the Casull.

Most people don't even hunt in grizzly country to begin with, so it's a moot point.

I suppose for reference I've killed a few bears all with head shots. Dead in an instant, that way you avoid tracking them down.

Back in 2005 while working in Zimbabwe I dropped a Cape Buffalo with a head shot from a 220 Woodleigh FMJ using my 30-06 and nine shots from a client and the PH. The client had a 375 H&H and the PH a 416 Rigby.

Hence why I said with any precision….

But yes I've seen the **** hit the fan in Africa and people either wounded badly or died. Dumb stuff happens in a blur.

1. .30-06
2. .300 Win Mag or Wby Mag or 300 WSM
3. 6.5 Wby RPM (dead on at 300, 8" low at 400 with 127 Barnes LRX)

Ammo will always be available for these cartridges. In a proper rifle, recoil is manageable in all these, least in the 6.5 RPM (a .264 Win Mag equivalent). Though 2. have bragging rights over 1., the 30-06 is a fine cartridge, offering adequate performance in a wide selection of rifles with recoil acceptable to everyone and a wide assortment of commercially available ammo. These all maximize magazine capacity. If you were a 300 yd hunter, or in bear country, I'd suggest a 35 Whelen, can't sneeze at a 250 gr Speer HotCor at 2700 fps, or a 250 gr Core-Lokt at 2400 fps..

1. .30-06
2. .300 Win Mag or Wby Mag or 300 WSM
3. 6.5 Wby RPM (dead on at 300, 8" low at 400 with 127 Barnes LRX)

Ammo will always be available for these cartridges. In a proper rifle, recoil is manageable in all these, least in the 6.5 RPM (a .264 Win Mag equivalent). Though 2. have bragging rights over 1., the 30-06 is a fine cartridge, offering adequate performance in a wide selection of rifles with recoil acceptable to everyone and a wide assortment of commercially available ammo. These all maximize magazine capacity. If you were a 300 yd hunter, or in bear country, I'd suggest a 35 Whelen, can't sneeze at a 250 gr Speer HotCor at 2700 fps, or a 250 gr Core-Lokt at 2400 fps..
👍. 30-06 with a 125gr to 225gr pill will work on anything.