one rifle for everything

Probably will get some flogging for this one but I really love the versatility of the 308 and the ease of loading for it. It can handle varmints to deer which is really everything I'd need it for. Plus it's a little cheaper on the wallet to practice with versus some of these magnums.

I think if you had a 338-06 or a 35 Whelen there wouldn't be anything that walks or crawls that you couldn't handle. I really want to have a 358 win built off a new winchester action though myself. Meanwhile in the real world I would have to agree with the 308 or 30-06 with a 3-12 scope for covering 98% of all hunting scenarios.

I have a drilling it is a Colt Sauer Model 3000. It has a 12x12 barrels with a 30 06 rifle underneath. I can hunt about anything. Birds to tigers.

But my real favorite is a Waffen-Krauser. One barrel set is a double rifle with 9.3X74R. dangerous game cartridge. The other set has a 16ga shotgun on top and a powerful 7x65R rifle.

Both have quick detachable Kahle scopes. All fits in a small case that is TSA Approved.

Attachments

• 17737914_3.jpg
    17737914_3.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Negrini Case (3).JPG
    Negrini Case (3).JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Waffen-Krausser-Munchen-double-rifle-9-3X74R-AND-combination-rifle-barrel-7X65R-16GA-2-34-both...jpg
    Waffen-Krausser-Munchen-double-rifle-9-3X74R-AND-combination-rifle-barrel-7X65R-16GA-2-34-both...jpg
    279 KB · Views: 9
  • Waffen-Krausser-Munchen-double-rifle-9-3X74R-AND-combination-rifle-barrel-7X65R-16GA-2-34-both...jpg
    Waffen-Krausser-Munchen-double-rifle-9-3X74R-AND-combination-rifle-barrel-7X65R-16GA-2-34-both...jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 11
.223 for varmints
.308 for varmints and everything else

I like other cartridges, but if I only get one or two rifles, that's it. My Dillion 650 is setup for both…so I can pump out the ammo as long as I have components…which are easy to source for both cartridges.

Barrel life is great on both, but need a new barrel? No problem finding those either.

Dies? Always in stock.

SHTF? I'm ready and can find ammo elsewhere.

.223 for varmints
.308 for varmints and everything else

I like other cartridges, but if I only get one or two rifles, that's it. My Dillion 650 is setup for both…so I can pump out the ammo as long as I have components…which are easy to source for both cartridges.

Barrel life is great on both, but need a new barrel? No problem finding those either.

Dies? Always in stock.

SHTF? I'm ready and can find ammo elsewhere.

A "Zombie Thread" (walking dead thread…yes I'm a poet 😉) about the coming "Zombie Apocalypse"!

Yep, anyone with a "thread"(see what I did here 🤪) of good sense will maintain a good supply of "critical components", including the ability to cast bullets in the larger calibers for use on small game….. for hard times, which could last for years.

Whenever I see the hoards of shooters crying about component shortages…..I think that the posts would be better suited for the Humor Section! 🤦‍♂️ It's like driving you car until you run out of fuel…..and then complain about hiring the tow truck to save you! 🤔

Oh, and in line with the thread……been doing this for years! 😁 memtb

I have a drilling it is a Colt Sauer Model 3000. It has a 12x12 barrels with a 30 06 rifle underneath. I can hunt about anything. Birds to tigers.

But my real favorite is a Waffen-Krauser. One barrel set is a double rifle with 9.3X74R. dangerous game cartridge. The other set has a 16ga shotgun on top and a powerful 7x65R rifle.

Both have quick detachable Kahle scopes. All fits in a small case that is TSA Approved.
Tigers? Where can you hunt Tigers?

Well, I like to play with guns. But if I had to have just one, it would be my 1999 Steyr Pro Hunter 30-06. Dang, it would be hard to give up my long and short action 300 WSM's and the other rifles in the safe. One of which is older than me and I was born before Kennedy got whacked by the mob and fed 3 letter agencies.