Old A-Max vs Newer A-Max Construction

Roughrice

Anyone have information on actual construction of older red box with white lettering A-Max vs newer version with same box as ELD bullets?
I'm curious because I've read years worth of great hunting results with A-Max until the ELDs came out. A-Max is still available in one or two calibers but no more word of the hunting success since the advent of the great, wonderful ELD line!
Looking for actual experience...
Thank You!

Oh... sorry, I don't know how to post without the for sale or want to buy prefix!

Is this a new trend?? I keep seeing more and more of these questions and comments poping up in the classified setion instead of the normal sections where they belong.

Please tell me how!
Every time I try to to post it prompts to select a prefix!
Much appreciated!!
I think he's saying that there are many forums and sub forums here. Much more than just the classifieds that you posted in, which is why it prompts a for sale or WTB in the classifieds.

Just click on "FORUMS" at the top and select the proper Forum/Sub forum. For instance this would be in the "Rifles, reloading, optics, and equipment" forum, then the Sub forum of "Rifles, bullets, barrels, and ballistics" which is the link below.
D67F1C15-D283-4B42-AE6D-333B5D6BFC89.png
128BB34A-CCD6-47E5-994D-B5054D30B46E.png

In 2011 I used the 208 A-MAX out of the 300WM at ~2900fps on African Plains Animals.

Super accurate but NOT impressed in its ability to deliver DRT performance.

A few years ago it was a different story using the 212gr ELD-X out of the same rifle.

Both very memorable hunts but for different reasons...

Sorry for the confusion...I guess I should have posted this picture from the beginning to be clear.
This is the older A-Max vs newer A-Max. The new box is same as ELD series box but the A-Max bullets from both look identical.
My question: "Is the construction between these two bullets identical although they were packaged in the new box.
I am asking for hunting purposes.
Is AMP jacket addition any biggie for hunting?

I am aware of the ELD difference.

Thanks

Attachments

• Amax.JPG
    Amax.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 55