Official Hammer bullets Terminal Performance (picture heavy)

Whitetail with 87 gr. Absolute Hammer. 170 yards, perfectly broadside.
6 Creed: Powder: 47 gr., Sta-Ball 6.5. Primer: Fed. 210M, @ 3332fps (mv) 22" AllTerra Mt. Shadow (suppressed) Went "maybe" 20 yards, with no broken shoulder. (Heart/lungs, and exit side photos attached.)

Attachments

• 0C02F09B-46FC-47F3-96A7-697BE4F33BFE.jpeg
    0C02F09B-46FC-47F3-96A7-697BE4F33BFE.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 105
  • 232B53C5-28B0-4415-BA58-492A34F63041.jpeg
    232B53C5-28B0-4415-BA58-492A34F63041.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 104
152 hammer hunter out of a 300 WSM on a bull elk. Starting velocity is 3320, distance was 372. First shot hit low shoulder, final shot was both lungs. Bull went 25 yds and fell over. The only thing I recovered was one petal against the hide on the opposite side. Now I just need to find a replacement bullet since the 152 is discontinued.
Do you mind sharing your load info?? Congrats on a nice bull

I had almost that exact same result from a Barnes 168 TTSX out of a 300 Short mag. My bullet had glanced off the spine and traveled the length of the bull and lodged in the far shoulder. The bullet looked like it reversed upon hitting the spine and traveled the length of the bull backwards, thus preventing the bullet from expanding. The bull had been wounded by another hunter in our party and I was attempting to stop its escape. Although the bull did not take another step after the impact, another finishing shot was needed. We were happy to have been able to recover the wounded bull.
A hard angled shot with a cup and core , can really cause problems , as the jacket rips from one side causing jacket and core separation and no penetration too the vitals , that is one reason I now shoot Hammers.

A hard angled shot with a cup and core , can really cause problems , as the jacket rips from one side causing jacket and core separation and no penetration too the vitals , that is one reason I now shoot Hammers.
The only shot I had was 200 yds at a very steep downhill angle going slightly away. The bull had already gone 3/4 of a mile from my partners hit (from a 338 lapua) and was getting out of Dodge with his partner. I found the bullet after it traversed diagonally thru the bull in the lower part of the far shoulder bone (about 3+ ft of penetration) Of 40+ kills with this bullet, I've only recovered 2 of them and both were length wise shots that a large bone adventually stopped. This year I plan to try out the 130 Absolute hammer from my Ackley. I have two tags to fill in Colorado this season.

I ended up with 64gr of Varget and a 215 primer. I never saw pressure but the accuracy was very good and I was happy with the speed. 24" Tikka
I've got a Sako 75, so it should like this combo. Unfortunately I don't have any Varget, but I've got the closest thing to it in the Enduron line with IMR4166. Thanks for the info, I'll give it a go
What COAL are you seating them at??

First kill with a Hammer bullet today. 28 Nosler 169g HH 3,294 fps MV. The deer and I saw each other at the same time 125 yds off hand as I was walking in the hardwoods toward my stand. Quartered hard toward me. Hit a few inches further back then I would have liked but the damage was impressive and he went 50 yds and expired. When I cut him open to gut him the pressure inside blew blood all over me.

Entrance wound from inside. Disintegrated 3 ribs. One lung in 3 pieces and stomach liquefied.
IMG_20221026_165906610.jpg

Exit wound in front of the rear leg.

IMG_20221026_165924714.jpg

Outside of rib cage after hide was removed. Deer is upside down in picture. Entrance hole on bottom. Where the clotting is above is where the 3 ribs were disintegrated. Could have put my fist through it if I cut the jello off.

20221026_175429.jpg

With a sample of one I like what I see so far. Curious why the ribs were disintegrated below and not above though? Not that it matters. Less than ideal hit and quick death is good. I will try again on a few more deer and an Aoudad hunt in February before I am sold but a good start.

First kill with a Hammer bullet today. 28 Nosler 169g HH 3,294 fps MV. The deer and I saw each other at the same time 125 yds off hand as I was walking in the hardwoods toward my stand. Quartered hard toward me. Hit a few inches further back then I would have liked but the damage was impressive and he went 50 yds and expired. When I cut him open to gut him the pressure inside blew blood all over me.

Entrance wound from inside. Disintegrated 3 ribs. One lung in 3 pieces and stomach liquefied. View attachment 405144

Exit wound in front of the rear leg.

View attachment 405143

Outside of rib cage after hide was removed. Deer is upside down in picture. Entrance hole on bottom. Where the clotting is above is where the 3 ribs were disintegrated. Could have put my fist through it if I cut the jello off.

View attachment 405145

With a sample of one I like what I see so far. Curious why the ribs were disintegrated below and not above though? Not that it matters. Less than ideal hit and quick death is good. I will try again on a few more deer and an Aoudad hunt in February before I am sold but a good start.
Well now you know what it ate ;) Good job on a quick trigger pull. I like that 7mm 169 pill. 👍