Water Well Issues

2,200 PSI WOW!! Holy Hanna, ur well casing must be thick as an oxygen bottle to handle that kind of pressure. Hope they know what's what. We used to run an Atlas Copco air compressor had a 16V-149 Detroit and that rig would put out 1,600CFM at a pressure of only 275 PSI.
The Well casing only goes down about 80'. The Hydrofracker knows when to place the "Bladder" ours was placed 120'-130' down and placed where it was solid granite so the 2,200 psi in the Blader is the hold it in place and not let any pressurized water pasted it. The water can be pressurized up to 3,000 psi to open the cracks in the granite.

Just an update:
Thanks to all that gave advice in our "Hydro Fracking Adventure".
After the Fracking was done a third crew came in to finish up. They came to pump the water out of the well, determine water recovery, size the pump needed, put the water PVC pipe and new electric wire in and finish the hookup.
To pump the water out of the Well after Fracking they had a 3 HP submersible pump with a 2" line. They lowered the pump to 360' at where our pump will be located. They started pumping and was getting around 40 gpm due to all the water in the Well 6" pipe. That went on for about 10 minutes. Then the GPM started to steadily slow down, after 18 minutes we got down to 12 gpm and it stayed at 12 gpm. We thought for sure it would run out of water. We did a Location Sound with a special machine and the water level was at 252' and with the pump at 360' continuously pumping the level did not go down so at the point after 30 minutes we knew that there was a GOOD water flow and a successful Frack.
When we turned off the pump and listened by the 6" Well pipe it sounded like a waterfall with the water rushing in. So we went from about 1/4 GPM to about 12 GPM. We decided to put in a Franklin 1 1/2 HP 10gpm submersible pump. Cost us extra from the original quote of $5,600 up to $6,102.00 Extra cost for the pump & Control box and Electric Wire 10-3. I also went out this morning and bought 100' of 10-2 inside wire and 100' of 10-2 underground wire to upgrade the wire from our electrical box to the pressure switch at the Well. The wire was another $400.00. Can anyone say Bidenflatation? So a new total of $6,502.00 for everything new and UNLIMITED WATER. The Company that did the Fracking did us a real favor. The owner knew that I am a former Marine and didn't charge for labor and gave us everything at cost!!!
You can't believe how happy Jill and I are! Now I have to install the new wire.

Almost Finished
Have to put the 10-2 Electric Wire in and then re-adjust the Starter Box for the Pump Motor and put the Fake Rock over it!
Water pressure is GREAT! Have it set just a little above 40-60 lbs and taking a shower is very enjoyable. We have an adjustable shower head wand and it will push you to the other side of the shower stall.

Attachments

• Well1.jpg
    Well1.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Water Well Back.jpg
    Water Well Back.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
2,200 PSI WOW!! Holy Hanna, ur well casing must be thick as an oxygen bottle to handle that kind of pressure. Hope they know what's what. We used to run an Atlas Copco air compressor had a 16V-149 Detroit and that rig would put out 1,600CFM at a pressure of only 275 PSI.
Those jimmy diesels…. Bring back NIGHTMARES.
Heavy, loud, leakers with awful fuel efficiency.
Were they all 2 cycle or just some?

Len, at the expense of sounding like a kook, if you can find someone to witch a well do it. It's a talent. Some say that they are born with it. A lot of people have that talent, and don't even know it. I've been told by someone that had the "gift" that if they accept money for the gift, they will lose it. The person that I knew used a cherry branch and I watched that cherry branch dip when they crossed a vein. They said it was at 80 feet and that's right where they hit water when they came to drill it. Blew me away!

Good luck!

Len, at the expense of sounding like a kook, if you can find someone to witch a well do it. It's a talent. Some say that they are born with it. A lot of people have that talent, and don't even know it. I've been told by someone that had the "gift" that if they accept money for the gift, they will lose it. The person that I knew used a cherry branch and I watched that cherry branch dip when they crossed a vein. They said it was at 80 feet and that's right where they hit water when they came to drill it. Blew me away!

Good luck!
I saw someone who could do this and two 6" holes 400-550' deep later the drillers were getting a combined 60gpm. 150gpm was needed for the irrigation system. I guess he accepted money somewhere down the line, I'm just glad it was me paying for those two holes. My little 4" 180' well is pumping 95gpm and hasn't run out of water running 12hrs nonstop.

Those jimmy diesels…. Bring back NIGHTMARES.
Heavy, loud, leakers with awful fuel efficiency.
Were they all 2 cycle or just some?
Hahaha, yep 2-strokes but, with the blower they were awesome power plants!! They were found in nearly every rig on the jobsite, tugboats, deck winches, crawler cranes, welders, water pumps, compressors, dump trucks, semi trucks, vibratory hammers, nearly any toy in the toy box could of had Detroit power. They did a mountain of work from WWII til nearly the end of the game yobama years. They even put 3-53' Detroits, back in the service, powering the old Gama Goats. Run straight 40W oil all summer and 15W-40 in Winter, just let em buck! A 16V-149 Detroit was nearly 2,400 cubic inches, 16 pistons with 149 cubic inches per cylinder,workN hard and 100-120 gal per hour leaving the fuel tank.

Last edited:
We had 3v, 4v and 6v71's if I remember right.
Power units on irrigation wells.
All canister type filters, everything leaked… I got so tired of feeding one with motor oil I added about 50% 90w and it finally quit bypassing the rings.
NOT the good old days. They all had straight pipes, you could hear them for miles

We had 3v, 4v and 6v71's if I remember right.
Power units on irrigation wells.
All canister type filters, everything leaked… I got so tired of feeding one with motor oil I added about 50% 90w and it finally quit bypassing the rings.
NOT the good old days. They all had straight pipes, you could hear them for miles
Pete Hill top fuel rider, ran a Harley Knucklehead motor with a Detroit 2-71 blower off a Lincoln Pipeliner Welder, that guy was a mechanic.

I did extensive research on this for years now and just have to do it and getting a great price. The owner of this Drilling company has been doing this for 50+ years with a stable work crew. He and his crew are very experienced in Drilling and Fracking especially in this aera.
This Hydrofracking is done with a Packing Bladder placed up to 40' below the Metal Casing against the drilled rock. We have GRANITE Rock here and 400' drilled 6" hole through it.
After the "Bladder is placed they put several thousand lbs of pressure in it to hold in place. Then the well is filled with water at 150 gpm and when filled they pressurize the 340' of drilled rock below the "Bladder" up to,4,500 psi. This extreme pressure forces opens all the Fissures in the Granite and hopefully opens up where the water veins are. Hoping to get 10gpm extra. But might not get any or a 1 gpm. It all depends on where the cracks in granite are and the water vein.
Have neighbors down & up the road same time drilled 15 years ago. One has 100' and 10GPM, (only 100 yds away from our well), another 200' and 12GPM, (250 yds away) and another one 250' and 8GPM (300 yds away).
It all depends if you hit the right spot! I hope to get a good supply of water and should have done this years ago. Just hope that I don't hit the water veins where all my neighbors are getting their water and dry their wells out.
Yeah you might have some very upset neighbors with you if you end up messing with everyone water.