KUIU Water transfer camo

SidecarFlip

Don't know where to put this forum wise so it's here....

I see that Jason mentioned in his KUIU blog that water transfer camo is now available in Verde and Vias patterns., for stocks, actions, etc...

I curious if anyone has any recommendations as to who does the best job. I have 2 stocks I want to get Vias camo applied to, one Manners and one MacMillan...

Any and all comments appreciated....

I had hydrodip ( hydrodip.com) do a couple for me out of Meridian Idaho and they did a good job. Just make sure you have several coats of clear coat shot on the stock. If you don't it scratches easily and doesn't look purdy after a couple of hunts. Here is the last one they did for me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 21
That is exactly what I'm looking for. One question... Did you strip the stock completely, that is I realize I have to remove the aluminum pilliar bedding but my butt plate is glued on (on the Manners), not the MacMillan. So I need to remove that as well and the Manners right now is in black, does the base color matter at all??

That is exactly what I'm looking for. One question... Did you strip the stock completely, that is I realize I have to remove the aluminum pilliar bedding but my butt plate is glued on (on the Manners), not the MacMillan. So I need to remove that as well and the Manners right now is in black, does the base color matter at all??

No just send the stock in as it is. They will tape off where you don't want the dip. Also color doesn't matter because they have to shoot a basecoat on the stock anyway.

CPG... Can you send me that gun for closer inspection? Nice setup!!!

If only I still had that rifle!!!!! Sold it to a guy that needed one for this fall. Had 160 rounds through and shot lights out in a 6.5 saum. He's killed quite a few critters with it this year.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.