Western Union Transfer of Funds Gun Sale

andrews1958

All of the guns I have purchased over the internet has been done by a certified bank check or a personal check which I tell the seller to hold off shipping until this clears.

Has any one done a purchase through Western Union before. What are the pros and cons by using WU? Is it a safe way to purchase a rifle since it is an out of state purchase from someone I do not know

Is a physical address required? Can the money be tracked?
The same with Money gram?

All of the guns I have purchased over the internet has been done by a certified bank check or a personal check which I tell the seller to hold off shipping until this clears.

Has any one done a purchase through Western Union before. What are the pros and cons by using WU? Is it a safe way to purchase a rifle since it is an out of state purchase from someone I do not know

Is a physical address required? Can the money be tracked?
The same with Money gram?

Yes, a physical address from the originator is required. I have done many overseas money transfer with WU mostly through my bank. As long as the WU where you pick up the fund shows the money transfer transaction per reference number, they really do not care what the money transfer is for.

For instance, if I purchased a rifle from you and sending payment via WU. I provide you a reference number and you can pick up the money transfer from any WU. Money lenders with WU will charge you a percentage fee and banks that offer WU will only cash the amount if you have enough funds in your account to cover the check being cashed, otherwise they'll hod it for x days before you can cash it.

In short, I never had any transaction issues. Hope this helps. Cheers!

Ed

I have heard of fraud being gone with Western Union checks. I would be very cautious.

A check until it clears, USPS money order, or cashiers check is the only way I do things. Even paypal is better

I have heard of fraud being gone with Western Union checks. I would be very cautious.

A check until it clears, USPS money order, or cashiers check is the only way I do things. Even paypal is better

I had over $20,000 of transactions (from overseas to US and vice versa) with Western Union this year without any problems.

Attachments

• WU 1K.jpg
    WU 1K.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 12
  • WU 4K.jpg
    WU 4K.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 11
  • WU 5K.jpg
    WU 5K.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 11
Great. I was hearing/reading for a while were people were being sent a WU check and they were false.

Nice to hear that you have had great dealings with them.

Great. I was hearing/reading for a while were people were being sent a WU check and they were false.

Nice to hear that you have had great dealings with them.

I can't speak for the pass but I'm just sharing my personal experience. Like I said ...

As long as the WU where you pick up the fund shows the money transfer transaction per reference number, they really do not care what the money transfer is for.

Each WU location has varying operating procedures. The one above with a $4000 transaction was from a Vans IGA grocery store. Once they verified the validity of the funds transfer, I had the option to receive it in check (they can only issue them in $500 increments max) or cash.

Hope this helps the OP's concern with WU.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.