No More Elk Hunting in Montana in 3 years

Explain to me why you need to SSS as you put it, to kill wolves in 2019 in Montana. You are allowed 5 wolf tags per year. I'm guessing you've never even seen a wolf. Ignorance surfaces quickly. mtmuley
They should be unlimited until there isn't a, wolf left hence SSS but that's just me as far as the rest of your RANT you can believe what ever you Choose, mtmuley your opinion means sqaut to me. Good day

Well let's see 8 yrs since this post and MOntanas, elk population is the second highest in the US sometimes, assuming truely does make

Hah. I bet you could mine so many ancient threads about how the wolves were going to carry off our children, take our jobs and destroy our way of life.

Wolves have crushed the population of elk and deer in Idaho. Add in the massive amount of cow tags given out because of the issues between the ranchers and idfg and we will have a huge decline also. Good luck hunting the wolves out of existence. We hunt them and they go back where most guys can't get. Ever seen them bound thru snow?

This was the battle cry of those opposing the the addition of more wolves below the 49th parallel. It hasn't worked yet, but I'm open to new info proving me wrong.
You aren't wrong. It's interesting most people believe wolves were "re-introduced" into Montana. The weren't. The SSS chest pumping brigade was going to make sure the wolves didn't gain a foothold. Well, how did that work out? Shooting a wolf illegally here at this point reinforces one's ignorance. Tlr155, get your boots on and hunt wolves. I do. mtmuley

You aren't wrong. It's interesting most people believe wolves were "re-introduced" into Montana. The weren't. The SSS chest pumping brigade was going to make sure the wolves didn't gain a foothold. Well, how did that work out? Shooting a wolf illegally here at this point reinforces one's ignorance. Tlr155, get your boots on and hunt wolves. I do. mtmuley
I have hunted them here in Wyoming while scouting mule deer, only ever saw one covering ground across a field 1000 yards away and didnt have time to get lined up, other than that, I have just heard them and seen their tracks. Have you been very sucessful hunting them? How big do you think this one would be? COAL is 2.900" for reference
20180731_085638.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.