Anyone interested in a montana DIY elk hunt

Verk

I really want to go out west hunting this year the plan was montana elk and deer combo. But everybody has backed out so my decision is stay home or find someone else. I am a long range shooter with antelope kills over 750 I have a csr 300 win mag. Made by Jim cee. I will have a wall tent and stove. Just need some other people a long for safety and fun my trip days are Oct 23-nov 9 let me know if anyone is interested...

well, not sure if you mean the OP or me, but I live in FL. not hard for me to travel though

Sorry very busy at work.....I have made plans to take my 80 year old grandpa with me.....we will be just road hunting mostly..... Sorry I didn't think anyone was going to reply so made other plans.....thank anyway......by the way I'm a wisconsin boy here. Thanks for ur interest.......

I was thinking around white sulfur springs for a week then idaho border.......I'll use it as a homework assignment for next year......but I'm open to suggestions

Not sure where ever road takes us I no my grandpa want to stay in hotels so that will probably be and issue. This will be my second year in montana last year we hunted by big timber for three weeks no elk only seen one two days before season. It was ruff but I loved every minute of it

no worries, i am still deployed, but should be home by then. just trying to find a good hunt for this year. I am sure i will figure out something. have fun with your grandfather. that will be a true trip of a lifetime

Thanks hope it works out for u this year. If u need someone to go with next year keep me in mind we will be going of two to three weeks next year in montana as we'll.....hopefully I'll have a idea where the elk are by then.....lol

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.