Nightforce vs Huskemaw or something else in that price range??

Cinchy

I have several Vortex with a Viper sfp gen 2, 5-25x50 as my best scope. I have got along fine with all my vortex, but After reading all the poor reviews on Vortex, maybe I have just been lucky? I`m thinking about a little higher end scope for my next rifle? I want to stick to 24-25 as max power, any good options beside the 2 I mention?

I have several Vortex with a Viper sfp gen 2, 5-25x50 as my best scope. I have got along fine with all my vortex, but After reading all the poor reviews on Vortex, maybe I have just been lucky? I`m thinking about a little higher end scope for my next rifle? I want to stick to 24-25 as max power, any good options beside the 2 I mention?

I think most of the bad reviews are from nightforce guys that realized they overpaid for their scopes.

Take a look at some of the Burris stuff, also Athlon is worth a look.

I have the Burris Xtr ii 5x25x50 on one of my 338Edge's and its been great! I have the 4x20x50 xtr ii on a 338 Rum and it's been fine also .
I just picked up a Vortex gen 1 Razor and its going on my other 338 Edge . Excited to give it a spin .
Nightforce is on my mind all the time . But the $ 2500.00 just makes me cough a little .
I guess it all depends on what you need / want ...

Rum Man

your question reminds me of mine. I really wanted to like the 3-15 pst gen 2. I think its features are awesome. So I bought one. I installed in my fixed scope testing jig and pointed at a tall target measured exactly 100 yards away and level. I found that the brand new vortex had a canted reticle. so I return the scope and bought a second brand new one. it too had the exact same canted reticle issue. So I ended up taking both back and buying a nightforce NXS. But since that time I had always wanted to try a huskemaw. So I found a deal on one, I just refuse to pay retail as they do take a hit if you resale them. I bought a 3-12 and installed it in my scope jig and ran the same tracking test. The adjustments are 1/10 mil the markings were correct and the tracking was spot on, with my tall target. The vortex is philipene built, huskemaw is japanese. I would trust the huskemaw way way more than the vortex.

Leupold MK5HD, better glass than NF

Most scopes do not have what I want. Vortex is one of those that does not. Nightforce does. I am basing that completely on adjustment range in the scope. Nightforce just costs to much.

My question is do you want Mil or MOA? How about FFP or SFP? Nightforce does have the best selection when it comes down to MOA or Mil and SFP or FFP

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts