Next Rifle.....HELP!

Keep the comments coming. I'm down to Browning, Savage, Bergara or Ruger. I will handle a CA Mesa again before its a "no" but the extra $400 may be best used in good bipod or trigger and a spare magazine, a chronograph and load development.
Just a comment...browning has a weird thread pitch so you can't use aftermarket muzzle brakes. Ruger does not have an accuracy guarantee. Savage also does not have an accuracy guaranty. If it were me I'd go with the Bergara out of your list.

I just got a Christensen arms mesa 6.5prc and it is shooting factory eldx sub .75MOA consistently. I have not worked up any loads for it since this ammo has shot fine. This has been tested with 3 different boxes of the ammo too so I know it is not just a lucky box. I really enjoy the Mesa rifle. Id buy one again. Bergara is also another rifle to look at. My buddy swears by them. He is an FFL and says everyone he has purchased for a customer has been a shooter.

If you're going to shoot factory ammo buy up as much as you think you might need for several years from the same Lot. Different lot numbers can perform radically differently.

Just a comment...browning has a weird thread pitch so you can't use aftermarket muzzle brakes. Ruger does not have an accuracy guarantee. Savage also does not have an accuracy guaranty. If it were me I'd go with the Bergara out of your list.

The browning long range versions are 5/8x24, it's the thinner barrelled versions that have the odd thread pitch.

Remington used to do that as well, a left handed 28p if I remember right.

The browning long range versions are 5/8x24, it's the thinner barrelled versions that have the odd thread pitch.
I have a Browning Western hunter stainless with one of those brakes. I took it off before firing figuring I didn't need the extra ear damage. To say I was upset with the accuracy is an understatement. I called Browning and told them I have shotguns that shoot tighter groups. They advised the brake was "tuned to the gun". Screwed it back on and:viola' .....one ragged hole. It seems quite effective but the Creedmor is pretty mild.

If you're going to shoot factory ammo buy up as much as you think you might need for several years from the same Lot. Different lot numbers can perform radically differently.
True but I have 2 different lots so far and they shoot equally well. I do reload anyways though.

I have a Browning Western hunter stainless with one of those brakes. I took it off before firing figuring I didn't need the extra ear damage. To say I was upset with the accuracy is an understatement. I called Browning and told them I have shotguns that shoot tighter groups. They advised the brake was "tuned to the gun". Screwed it back on and:viola' .....one ragged hole. It seems quite effective but the Creedmor is pretty mild.
I have been wanting to add a brake on my Kimber to see round impact but its a tack driver and I'm worried it will screw up my accuracy !

I have been wanting to add a brake on my Kimber to see round impact but its a tack driver and I'm worried it will screw up my accuracy !

Been wanting to try a brake on my Kimber as well. Wondering what may change. it shoots the Hornady PH factory 162gr eldx to 1/2" every time now.

Ammo , ammo , ammo. Buy as much as you can that will take you to the grave and leave 1 box left for the guy you sale it too ! I Am 60 years old and wish I had fewer guns that I shot / shoot well with ( 1 moa or less ) then a have a bunch of guns that shoot 1 1/2 to 2 inch moa.
**** TIP of the day ..... Keep in mind when you get older you might sale out the house and back 40 acres and live in a apartment. Not the best place to be reloading in. Nice to have 20, 000 rounds loaded and ready to go in your little 1 car garage. Don't ask me how I know. Ha ha ha. Marty

Ammo , ammo , ammo. Buy as much as you can that will take you to the grave and leave 1 box left for the guy you sale it too ! I Am 60 years old and wish I had fewer guns that I shot / shoot well with ( 1 moa or less ) then a have a bunch of guns that shoot 1 1/2 to 2 inch moa.
**** TIP of the day ..... Keep in mind when you get older you might sale out the house and back 40 acres and live in a apartment. Not the best place to be reloading in. Nice to have 20, 000 rounds loaded and ready to go in your little 1 car garage. Don't ask me how I know. Ha ha ha. Marty

Sounds like sound advice Marty. I am overburdened with keeping up with too many rifles and the ammo to shoot in them. I have promised several to family when I am done with them.....that day is close for some of them. Let the younger ones worry about it.

I have a Mauser m18 in 6.5 prc and it shoots very well. It doesn't have a break but I think a guy can live with out a break in that caliber for a $500 rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.