newbie to long range shooting

Tvaughan

Howdy ladies and gents, I just purchased a savage 110 ba .338 lapua and I need advice on an optic that someone has had success with, looking at up to 1300-1500 yards (one day) but I didn't want to break the bank. Looking at spending $1500 or so and I've seen that adjustment is a big deal so of course I want to be able to adjust to 400,500,600 (on the fly) yds ect.. Any advice? Thanks!

There are a number of possibilities.

Your post mentions that you are new to long range shooting. How much shooting experience do you have in shooting in general?

Assuming a $1,500 budget, I'd offer a few options.

First, SWFA offers a number of 30mm scopes that are extremely durable and under your budget. HD | SWFA

Second, I'd look for a used Nightforce NXS. They are very solid, and will hold up to the .338LM

Third, look at the Nightforce 5-20x56 SHV. You can find them for around $1,300 on the internet.

I've got a NF on my Savage 110BA .338LM and a Trijicon on my Savage 11/111 in .338LM. I'm very happy with both, but I don't shoot at the distances you are looking to conquer.

Just my $.02

The 5-20 SWFA Is repeatable as the day is long, excellent warranty. For a 100% made in America scope, I think will be hard to find. N.F. is an excellent option. I own those and just got my first Vortex 6-24 PST, I plan on shooting it out to those distances and farther if the shoot requires.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.