I-touch App for Long Range Shooting

nfhjr62

Saw this on the Drudge Report yesterday apple has an i-touch app for sniper rifles named BulletFlight to help " gun owners line up a clean shot at their target" the bullet flight app can be downloaded from the i tunes store.

Haven't heard of that one, but check out "ballistic". It is very similar to JBM's interface, which is my favorite ballistic calculator, and many updates are planned for it.

Just checking these apps out. There a couple of different ones but "Ballistic" does look like the best one. I am going to buy it as soon as I find the gift card I got for Christmas.gun)

Is this app. similar to the software Nightforce has? I would be thrilled if I could get Nighforce's ballistic program on my I-phone.

This thread, when it comes to electronics technology, is light years old. Does anyone know if they have something better available now????

Is this app. similar to the software Nightforce has? I would be thrilled if I could get Nighforce's ballistic program on my I-phone.

This thread, when it comes to electronics technology, is light years old. Does anyone know if they have something better available now????

Ballistic has been updated several times, and I have been using it since very early spring. I no longer print data on cards, I just carry my Iphone.

The results are virtually identical to the online ballistics calculators.

Bill

The Application Store.

I'm still using Ballistic, they added a ton of bullets and factory loads. I love it even though I don't shoot factory loads. If JBM would come out with a program (faint chance, I know) I would pay $20 for it, they have SO many bullets, with Litz calculations and such.

I really like the Ballistic app. It works great, I just bought the upgraded versionfrom the I- Tunes Store. One on the best Jackson's I ever spent. I am not familiar with the NF software so can not commentg on that.

I just started using the iSnipe app from the iTunes store. I really like it. You can do angles and all of that.

I havn't used it yet, but when my rifle makes it back to me I will put bulletflight through it paces. I do know several guys that use it as their primary software on their ipod touches and they do have others that they use to use on PDA's. I have heard nothing but praises. However i was also told to get the $30 version.

FYI the boy's protecting us from oversees are using bulletflight on Iphones and Ipods everyday, so it can't be bad.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.