I-touch App for Long Range Shooting

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by nfhjr62, Jan 21, 2009.

1. nfhjr62

nfhjr62 Well-Known Member

Saw this on the Drudge Report yesterday apple has an i-touch app for sniper rifles named BulletFlight to help " gun owners line up a clean shot at their target" the bullet flight app can be downloaded from the i tunes store.

2. 7STDUBBERU

7STDUBBERU Well-Known Member

Sweeeeeeet. I will check this out when I get home.

3. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

Haven't heard of that one, but check out "ballistic". It is very similar to JBM's interface, which is my favorite ballistic calculator, and many updates are planned for it.

4. 7STDUBBERU

Just checking these apps out. There a couple of different ones but "Ballistic" does look like the best one. I am going to buy it as soon as I find the gift card I got for Christmas.gun)

5. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

6. 7STDUBBERU

Just down loaded Ballistic to my Itouch. Very nice, I think it will work great. Gotta give it a field test. Only $3.99!

7. Gettn2

Gettn2 Active Member

Any field test ??????

8. B23

B23 Well-Known Member

Is this app. similar to the software Nightforce has? I would be thrilled if I could get Nighforce's ballistic program on my I-phone.

This thread, when it comes to electronics technology, is light years old. Does anyone know if they have something better available now????

9. bwaites

bwaites Well-Known Member

Ballistic has been updated several times, and I have been using it since very early spring. I no longer print data on cards, I just carry my Iphone.

The results are virtually identical to the online ballistics calculators.

Bill

10. B23

B23 Well-Known Member

That sounds great. Where do I download this app. from?

11. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

The Application Store.

I'm still using Ballistic, they added a ton of bullets and factory loads. I love it even though I don't shoot factory loads. If JBM would come out with a program (faint chance, I know) I would pay $20 for it, they have SO many bullets, with Litz calculations and such.

12. 7STDUBBERU

I really like the Ballistic app. It works great, I just bought the upgraded versionfrom the I- Tunes Store. One on the best Jackson's I ever spent. I am not familiar with the NF software so can not commentg on that.

13. rtv900

rtv900 Well-Known Member

I just started using the iSnipe app from the iTunes store. I really like it. You can do angles and all of that.

14. ejones338

ejones338 Well-Known Member

I havn't used it yet, but when my rifle makes it back to me I will put bulletflight through it paces. I do know several guys that use it as their primary software on their ipod touches and they do have others that they use to use on PDA's. I have heard nothing but praises. However i was also told to get the $30 version.

FYI the boy's protecting us from oversees are using bulletflight on Iphones and Ipods everyday, so it can't be bad.