New to site from Mississippi

Cheyenne19,
I couldnt hold against temptation anymore and ordered a 338AM last year........delivery time is approaching.

I cant wait till November to shoot a mile:). I have shot out to 1400 yards with good sucess (other than a failure to adjust for incline for the first 5 shots) I have a bud up around Bentonia that is going to let me have a go at 1600 yards on his powerline as soon as a special gun I have ordered arrives. If yall would like I will let you know when we go and see if he cares if I bring some more shooters. I love MS but dang it is hard to find somewhere to shoot extreme ranges especially in the lower part of the state.
Eddybo...... I sure would like to watch you shoot a mile.:) I don't think my 300 Win. Mag. would have enough butt to reach out that far and keep doing it.:( Maybe one shot now and then, but not over and over. I would think it would put a 338 through it's paces to keep it up. I am shooting a 220 SMK at 2800 fps at 1000 yds with pretty good luck ;). The thought of a mile just does something to my brain if you know what I mean.:eek: If it is alright with your bud, I would really like to see the 1600 yd shot if I can make that day. gun)Keep the lead flying in wright direction boys. Till next time.............. Jim

Cheyenne19,
I couldnt hold against temptation anymore and ordered a 338AM last year........delivery time is approaching.
eddybo......... Please let me know when you get your new 338, I would really like to see it.:D I am really thinking hard about one myself. Trying to do some homework to see which one I would like the most. Looked at a 338 remington and was not impressed at all with the stock or the bolt. Looked kind of cheap in some way.:( Might just need to have one built, if you know what I mean.;) See Ya! Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.