New from Mississippi

Hferg

Good morning to all. I found this forum while looking up ideas on long range rifles. I realized I might not have the proper equipment for 1000 yards. I have since reduced my realistic goal to 500 yards since I am new to long range shooting. I like a lot of the ideas I have read on hear. I will be trying my hand with reloading. So thanks for all the ideas you all have so far.

Hi and welcome. I just started this a few years ago so I am new too. 500 yards is a long shot and there is a lot of math and practice you have to do before taking a shot like that when hunting. I tool a deer at 489 yards last year and I am hoping to get a 600 yard shot this year. move slow so you can be confident when taking shots. the rifle I used was a stock Winchester model 70 300 WInMag with a trigger set at about 2 pounds and a Bushnell 3200. I don't think with this rifle though, I can go much more than 600 yards. I am going to have to use the custom unit I am having made right now from Hart.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.