New to site from Mississippi

Jim,

That sounds good. I have a 500 yard range right out my back door. I also have a place where I can shoot to 1100 yards.

My main long range gun a 7mm RM (pic below) is currently out of commission, I have a 300 RUM being built now and I am collecting parts for my next build.

Rem 700 LA
30" Hart barrel
Brown Precision Thumbhole stock
NF 5.5-22X56
MWG rings and bases
I shoot the 168gr Berger @ 3035

009_9.jpg

I am in the Mccomb are and would be interested with shooting with yall. I have 800 yards out my back door but dont mind traveling to shoot. Set a time and place I am there.

Eddybo,

I started to mention your shooting range, but I felt pretty sure you might chime in and offer. I do need to get up your way sometime to check it out, plus do some shooting.

My gun options are limited now, but I do have a sweet shooting 6mm AI that needs to get out for a little fun. Just let me know when you plan to shoot. Jim might just make a road trip from Starkville.

Eddybo,

If it's a weekend that I can make it , I'm in for sure. Might even bring a buddy with me if he will act right. It must be nice to have a 500 or a 800 yd range out your door. All I can say is thanks for the invite. I will have to take you up on it. Thanks Jim

Hey fellas - sorry to res a possibly dead thread - but just wanted to jump in here and say I live in Starkville, MS as well ;) I grew up outside Memphis, so I know that area well too.

Jim P., you a member out at the Starkville gun club? I may have seen you out there and never knew. I sure would love to find a place to start doing some true long range shooting around here. Anyways, just wanted to holler at you MS guys

I wish I had known you guys were in starkvegas when I lived there. I'm outside of memphis now in AR. I make to the MS delta often. Maybe we should all get together sometime and shoot. In the fall through the spring we can shoot as far as you want to at my place. More than a mile would be easy, but I don't know that I'd want to emberass myself like that.

Hey fellas - sorry to res a possibly dead thread - but just wanted to jump in here and say I live in Starkville, MS as well ;) I grew up outside Memphis, so I know that area well too.

Jim P., you a member out at the Starkville gun club? I may have seen you out there and never knew. I sure would love to find a place to start doing some true long range shooting around here. Anyways, just wanted to holler at you MS guys
Gabe..... I don't belong to the Starkville Gun Club! I joined it one time sight unseen and was disappointed with the rifle range at the time.:( It might have changed by now but then it was a 100 and 150yds, so I let my membership run out. Have been shooting at a friends house. He has a spot to shoot out to 600yds. At the deer camp we can shoot up to a mile but that is a little far for me,gun) 1000yds is all I have tried so for. Give me some way to contact you and we will have coffee and maybe do some shooting.:D.......... Jim

Dont be saying it if you dont mean it:) I am in need of somewhere to stretch a barrel. I am bored with my little 800 yard range and it is going to cost somewhere along the lines of 900K make it longer. (Man my neighbor really values his property) Yall just set up a date that isnt the first Saturday or second Sunday of the month and I am there. I will bring a bunch of guns ammo and might even bring a benchrest hall of famer with me.

I wish I had known you guys were in starkvegas when I lived there. I'm outside of memphis now in AR. I make to the MS delta often. Maybe we should all get together sometime and shoot. In the fall through the spring we can shoot as far as you want to at my place. More than a mile would be easy, but I don't know that I'd want to emberass myself like that.

I would love to show up somewhere in MS and embarass the hell outta myself! Just say when/where and I'll try to make it lol

Jim, I agree with you on the rifle range at the Starkville Gun Club - it's nothing to brag about, but it's about all I've got... I honestly joined to have a place to shoot my pistol whenever I want, but I do spend some time on their dinky rifle range too. Are you a student here? I live on Lynn lane, down off Hwy 25 South... how bout you?

Gabe...... No I'am not a student, wish I was because it would mean I was a-lot younger.HeHe I have a business on Industrial Park, right around the corner from you called Interstate Battery. I am on the road most of the time running the routes and selling batteries. Will be out and about Saturday morning. Call the office on Friday and leave your phone # ............ Jim

Dont be saying it if you dont mean it:) I am in need of somewhere to stretch a barrel. I am bored with my little 800 yard range and it is going to cost somewhere along the lines of 900K make it longer. (Man my neighbor really values his property) Yall just set up a date that isnt the first Saturday or second Sunday of the month and I am there. I will bring a bunch of guns ammo and might even bring a benchrest hall of famer with me.

November would probably be the best time. The wind is blowing 15mph about every day now. I'm 3.5 hours out of starkville and about the same out of jackson. I don't know that I'd get out and shoot that far, but I'd watch. If yall are serious we'll try to do it.

I cant wait till November to shoot a mile:). I have shot out to 1400 yards with good sucess (other than a failure to adjust for incline for the first 5 shots) I have a bud up around Bentonia that is going to let me have a go at 1600 yards on his powerline as soon as a special gun I have ordered arrives. If yall would like I will let you know when we go and see if he cares if I bring some more shooters. I love MS but dang it is hard to find somewhere to shoot extreme ranges especially in the lower part of the state.

Cheyenne, where exactly are you? Just curious

(& I hope yall mean early Nov, cuz I prefer looking at deer rather than steel plates through my scope most of that month ;) What about this summer sometime? ... we all know how there's never any wind on those brutal hot days in MS ;) )

I've got some roads that are a mile long and straight. We could shoot at them anytime. I might have some other places I'd just have to range them and see if they're flat enough. And by roads I mean private gravel roads with gates at each end.

Gabe I'm in Hunter, AR just outside of Forrest City.
Eddybo, what's this special gun?

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.