New stock for the 300 WM

mrbofus

R700 300Wm hunting rifle wants a new stock.
What are you all using and why?
B & C, HS presision, Mcmilian??
would like to be less than $400

Any input appreciated.

Mr B, the B&C Medalist is the only stock in your price range unless you can find one of the others here or on line at a reduced price. I have HS and B&C, like both. Good luck

I'm sorry, I know this stock is more than you want to spend but AICS 1.5 or 2.0 is a great stock if your able. Unfortunately they are pricey but what a great stock. I had to save several mos. for mine and never had one regret. As a matter of fact I'm saving for another now.

Good luck to you.

Been looking at the HS Precision Pro series sporter stock
and the B-C medallist.
Is one better than the other? Fit/drop in/ comfort. etc....?

There really are a lot of good stocks to choose from. IMO it's hit or miss with HS. I had a lower end HS on a Lapua and I was not impressed with it. I have seen a lot of nice rifles with their stocks but I have not shot them. The bad thing is that you just never know how it will fit and shoot with your gun before you purchase it. I love a stock that is just a bolt in and go.... needs no extra bedding.

Mr B, the B&C Medalist is the only stock in your price range unless you can find one of the others here or on line at a reduced price. I have HS and B&C, like both. Good luck

Is the HS worth the $100 more than the BC (from stockystocks.com)?

I have HS and B+C, practically the same in all respects. I think the B+C will fit better, I had issues with 3 different HS stocks for customers, only minor issues but still a PITA to get right.

Cheers.
gun)

Mr. B, my HS stock is 12 years old but I do recall it needing some Dremel inletting, nothing major. I also had a B&C this year missing a foreward trigger screw insert. I bedded one from a Tupperware stock when bedding the action. The two makes look very similar to me except the cost. IMO all new stocks need some bedding for max accuracy.

If you haven't made a decision on a stock yet you might look at a Bobby Hart. It's in your price range, I bought one about a year ago for my 6.5x284 and I absolutely love it.

Just ordered the HS Presision stock for this and we will see how it works, I guess if I dont like the feel, I can always change it again.

Just got the HS stock and bolted it in. I like it and I think it fits well except for it feels short.
The LOP is 13.5"
I have read many different articles on proper stock fitment and measuring LOP so my question to you all is:
Can I lengthen this stock
and
How do you all fit a stock properly?

Thanks for any advise.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.