New Scope Help!!!!

sp6x6, My apologies to you and joseph for mis-quote. It was a little late for me last night.

I believe you saw bullet holes at 1,000 yds. From a physics point of view, it can be done but it requires a very high contrast bullet hole. This topic is best left for another thread.

Last edited:
Bruce...

Can I distill it a bit farther.......

I believe what you are saying is some sellers of optics are nothing more than a phone, desk and importers license and perhaps a closet full of scopes......:D

Actually, and candidly, that's exactly the impression I get of Hawke. I know where their company is headquartered in Ft. Wayne (American operations/importer) and it's an office complex off I-69. No manufacturing, no R&D no techinical facilities, just offices.

Not saying that Hawke is a bad choice, just saying that there is no techinical backup here in this country. A problem arises and they (Hawk) gets another unit out of the closet and replaces the one you returned (and most likely trash cans the defective one).......

Daryl,

I wouldn't recommend Hawke to rdt270 either. With his budget he can afford a Zeiss. Why settle for a Chinese-made scope, even a relatively good one?

BTW, if I have a warranty issue with a scope, the damage is already done. I have to replace it with another scope or take the rifle out of service. I don't care if the scope is repaired or replaced, just as long as I get a working scope back quickly.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.