New rifle scope help

Mtr-3 or the Mtr-5 haven't made my mind up yet
If you want to stay under a thousand take a look at Meopta european glass made in checklosovaki they made the glass for the zeiss conquest meopta meopro same scope they have the meostar optica6 and optica5 series the optica 6 scopes can be had in second or first focal plane 3x18 frst or second moa or mils 50 mil objective locking ele turret zero reset caped moa windage 2.5 x 15 sec focal plane 44 mil objective illuminated and non plus the have the new diachro reticle they are worth taking a look at many choices to choose from look them up and get some reviews I have 2 Meoptas great glass and built like a tank

Just a comment on close-in shooting. When the critter jumps close to you and you have to make a quick shot, two things become important; first, keep your scope on lowest power while carrying your rifle. If a quick shot is needed you have the widest possible field of view, and if the critter is seen at a distance you will usually have enough time to increase magnification. Next, for close and quick shots, nothing beats practice...mount and swing your rifle, follow along a straight line with your scope. Mostly you will have plenty of time to set-up for your shot but mounting and swinging practice always helps.

I just got the background check paperwork filled out for my Alamo Precision Altitude in 28 Nosler. Now the 2-3 week wait while the 5000 or so others ahead of me get sifted through. So that brings me to the question of scope choice. This rifle is light enough and handy enough to be a do all rifle. I need a scope with low power for hunting first/last light and timber and high power to shoot across canyons and sage flats. I currently have two scopes not on rifles. A Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 and a Leupold VX5 HD 3-15x44.

My cons on the nightforce are:
1. 5.5x not "low" enough for up close fast shooting.
2. 56mm objective to large to get mounted low enough for good cheek weld

My cons on the Leupold are:
1. 15x not quite enough high magnification
2. I don't trust Leupold for dialing

Ive been researching the Nightforce NX8 2-20x50 but with the short tube and bigger objective I'm not sure I can mount it low enough for a good cheek weld.

The other scopes are the Zeiss V4 and V6.

I'd like a scope with a somewhat bold reticle, illumination is not needed.
Budget is +/-$2000. I'd like to keep weight under 30ounces and second focal.

Thanks
I like my NF 2-20 x 50; light weight (28oz), compact, and good range of magnification, on my 6.5 PRC sheep rifle.

Left Coast state's way of impeding gun purchases. It takes no more than 20 minutes in OK
I'm going to give nightforce a try one day soon the 2 x20 would be a great choice im using a 3x18 x50 on my one of my 6.5 prcs the meopta optica6 with the diachro ret really works good for me I think the nightforce would be great too

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.