New coyote scope help

Wysongdog

Need some help guys, just purchased a new custom 6mm creadmore for coyotes and deer. 75% of my coyotes are killed under 100 yards and 75% of those under 50. But that 25% that hang up 3-600 yards I need to be able to kill as well. I've got Burris eliminator 3's on my other coyote guns and they are awesome except their low light performance is lacking. I've been considering the vortex viper in 5x25 or leupold vx6 4-24. I'm sure there are other good options as well. Your guys's thoughts?

I think it is going to come down to which one works best under low light conditions. If you can't see it you can't hit it. Repeatability is also very high on the priority list. I know you know how small a coyote is at 600yds, making precise turret adjustment paramount.

Unfortunately, of the two you listed; I have zero experience. I've been around a few of the VX6 Leupys and their large main tube should transmit quite a bit of light for you. Vortex has been a crap shoot for me personally. Of the two I have (Razor & PST), I love my Razor and just can't get comfortable with the PST. In my situation, the PST leaves a LOT to be desired in the optical clarity department.

t

I put a vx-6 3-18x50 on my coyote rifle and couldn't be happier. I got the B&C reticle because it thicker than the other reticle options. I hunt in the moonlight a lot and this combination is perfect.

Need some help guys, just purchased a new custom 6mm creadmore for coyotes and deer. 75% of my coyotes are killed under 100 yards and 75% of those under 50. But that 25% that hang up 3-600 yards I need to be able to kill as well. I've got Burris eliminator 3's on my other coyote guns and they are awesome except their low light performance is lacking. I've been considering the vortex viper in 5x25 or leupold vx6 4-24. I'm sure there are other good options as well. Your guys's thoughts?

In my experience the glass in the VX-6 is better of the two. The only scope with better low light performance I have is a 56 mm Nightforce. The VX-6 matched my Swarovski z5 5-25X52 in low light performance on deer antlers in the woods 131yards away.

You are getting the best of the best in a light weight custom coyote LR rifle. I love my NXS #434 with all the bells and whistles. However, I'm with Rich and the theme of your rifle, light weight, VX-6.

Did you end up buying a scope yet? Was wonder what you went with. I think a leupold vx5hd 3-15 with what ever reticle you like would be a good choice. Was wondering what you went with.

Did you end up buying a scope yet? Was wonder what you went with. I think a leupold vx5hd 3-15 with what ever reticle you like would be a good choice. Was wondering what you went with.

I put one of my Burris eliminator 3 scopes on it. It's not the best glass but works well for fast work on coyotes From close to way out if I get one hanging up while I'm calling or whatever reason they won't come in.. lol. It is working really well. Took a little time to set up and verify but that's part of it. I've made 4 or 5 shots pushing 500 yards this year that have been lethal and fairly quick set up on them. I wouldn't have had time to range and set up and dial because they weren't wanting to stick around lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.