New rifle scope help

The NX8 4-32 should be perfect. I can see and kill anything on 4 power, and then you get an extra 12X on the top end. The eye box isn't really terrible like people make it out to be. I didn't buy one for a long time because of those reviews. They were definitely over exaggerating. And there's nothing wrong with your head needing to be in remotely the same spot every time.

Have you considered a March scope? For a hunting scope they seem to be a lighter choice, still pretty good glass and a good amount of room to dial. Good luck with your search and sounds like a sweetheart of a rifle.

If you are leaning towards the Zeiss at all, look at Redhawk's demo scopes. They have V4 and V6s. Depending on the reticle, you may have to wait for them to get another one in if they don't have your reticle. I have a V6 3-18x50. Great glass. I have ZBR2. Just bought the 5-30X50 ZBR1 reticle. Never had an issue with demo glass.

No way you could go wrong with the Ziess, especially the V6! The only thing not available is FFP, but I understand it's in the works!

Oh, I also have a Zeiss V4, but a 1-4, so didn't think of it. The V4 has great glass too, but thats my heavy brush gun and don't have the range comparison. Great low light tho.

I just got the background check paperwork filled out for my Alamo Precision Altitude in 28 Nosler. Now the 2-3 week wait while the 5000 or so others ahead of me get sifted through. So that brings me to the question of scope choice. This rifle is light enough and handy enough to be a do all rifle. I need a scope with low power for hunting first/last light and timber and high power to shoot across canyons and sage flats. I currently have two scopes not on rifles. A Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 and a Leupold VX5 HD 3-15x44.

My cons on the nightforce are:
1. 5.5x not "low" enough for up close fast shooting.
2. 56mm objective to large to get mounted low enough for good cheek weld

My cons on the Leupold are:
1. 15x not quite enough high magnification
2. I don't trust Leupold for dialing

Ive been researching the Nightforce NX8 2-20x50 but with the short tube and bigger objective I'm not sure I can mount it low enough for a good cheek weld.

The other scopes are the Zeiss V4 and V6.

I'd like a scope with a somewhat bold reticle, illumination is not needed.
Budget is +/-$2000. I'd like to keep weight under 30ounces and second focal.

Thanks
I'd go withTract Toric 5-20 x50 or Primary Arms Goldine GLX 6-24×50..
I have both and are reliable.
I tend to stay with Second Focal Planefor hunting unless I'm hunting in the TX Plains.I have Leupold 6.5-20×44 SFP on my 7mm Rem. Magnum.For a hurried shot who has time to Dial a Parallax

I have both 2.5-20 and 4-32 nx8's. No complaints with either one .. they both weigh the same On a short action the 2.5-20 on a 20minute rail will clear a proof sendero contour in ARC super low rings even with NF scope caps. The 4-32 will be same in same rings and should clear a long action picatinny rail while the 2.5-20 won't on a long action mounted this low

Attachments

• 6B55E450-4889-46F4-B7AD-244FC8B60F70.jpeg
    6B55E450-4889-46F4-B7AD-244FC8B60F70.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 87
With a 1" tube and only one rev in the turret, how far will I be able to dial?
You won't need to dial that far for hunting anyway, and the reality is glass clarity is more important than max power also. The z5 is clearer that the Leupold (I haven't looked through the NF) the other thing to consider is the wieght of the scope the Swarosvki scopes are the lightest option and give you the most actual hunting options for the money.

Also... I was informed that you can send the Swarovski (without) the turret and get the BRH reticle. Then send the scope back in and they will install the balistic turret on it.

In the past, it was all Leupold - now after a ton of advice here and legwork, (for me) Swarovski. Recently purchased the Z6i with BT - and am very pleased with the clarity. Like many, most game under the 300 yd stick. I know it wasn't one of your preferred pieces of glass - but would respectfully suggest you take a good look.

There's lots of good choices out there!

Also, I received great support and pricing from (he's on the boards here) -
Doug @ Camera Land
[email protected]
www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Good luck!

I'll second the March. Light weight, good glass and tracks good. And they have them in 2.5-25 with 42mm and 52mm objectives. At the top end of your budget but worth it in my opinion. It what I'm putting on a new rifle I just finished.

Rep

Not much advice on the scope other than I am using an older Leopold Mark IV long range 4.5 X 14 and the 14 zoom is sufficient at 1000. I alway try and shoot with as little magnification as I can get by with. But on the wait time you referenced. I am one that always get a "delay" when buying a new gun. Never a denial but almost always a delay. I understood under the "Brady Bill" that if a denial is not issued there is a 3 business day turnover date on delays. This usually equates to about a week from time I walk out of the gun store. I think I saw you are in Oregon but I thought this was a federal statute. I'm in the southeast but here stores like Dick's and Academy will not release a firearm without an approval but almost all regular gun stores give you a turnover date when you get a delay. One of the items in the new HR bill will delay that turnover date by several weeks if passed.

I'll second the March. Light weight, good glass and tracks good. And they have them in 2.5-25 with 42mm and 52mm objectives. At the top end of your budget but worth it in my opinion. It what I'm putting on a new rifle I just finished.

Rep
Which reticle are you getting ?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.