New Remy 700 LR in any caliber???

Mossy49

Just bought one in 7mm and curious if anybody has an opinion on them. Thanks for the info!!

Just bought one in 7mm and curious if anybody has an opinion on them. Thanks for the info!!

I just bought a 7mm mag remy 700 lr a couple months ago. Awesome gun for awesome price. My only problem I had was headspace was a little out of wack and it was causing some sticky brass. Gun smith cleaned it up for 60 bucks. Not a big deal but I would be lying if I said it didn't bother me being a brand new gun.

i have not been able to find one. would like to hear how yours does,

My friend and I both have one in 7 mag. Both are shooters. Today I put a five shot group at 100 yards that a dime will cover easily. Chronoed at 2950 with a es of 22. I would like to get the es a little lower but I have a cow elk hunt starting in a couple weeks and need to stop messing it with.

Thanks for the replies. I got just before X-mas and haven't had time to shoot it yet.Also need to put glass on, bought this for paper punching and hunting. I see a couple of other guys were asking about this model on here. Looks to be a shooter, hoping I don't have the same problem has 31 inched.

Hello,

I bought one in 300 RUM. It has been an amazing shooter (26 rounds through it) with groups of 1/2 MOA out to 450 yrds. I have packed it a bit hunting with it and find that it sometimes wants to swaps ends when carrying it with a sling even with a heavy nightforce on it. I also find that the stock is uncomfortable to carry at the balance point due to the width of the fore-end. For the cost it was an amazing deal. I am toying with the idea of having the barrel fluted to reduce weight.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.