Remingtons new caliber???

Anyone shooting the new Remington's AR15 in .30 Remington AR cartridge? Seems like a good twist, for an AR weight rifle. Looks like the vel's are similar to the .308 Win. If it all comes out the way they think it should, they just might a great little urban tactical combo as well as hunting. Like I say .308 Win performance in an AR15 weight rifle.... that's got to be a winner; possible even a military application.
Side note; I was a big fan of the .300 RSAUM and the .308 Win in the AR-10 preferring the .300 RSAUM, this new one .30 Rem AR really got my radar up.

It looks alot like a 7.62x39 but I don't know what the ballistics say. You can get an AR in 7.62x39 and feed it alot cheaper ammo.

I know a little about it. I think remington is offering one factory loading now a 125g Corelock at a little over 3000fps. Which is great considerind you can fire the round from a 5.56x45 length lower.

I know I will be looking to get an upper for my lower once someone besides Remington/Bushmaster starts makeing one.......

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.