New Reloader: Thoughts on initial set up??

Some sort of headspace gauge, I use the hornady but have seen guys using 9mm cases, is important to know exactly how much you are resizing. This can be a safety issue with case head separation. The oal gauge is handy because I to know how far off the lands I am even if I'm limited by mag length. The bullet comparator eliminates the seating error coming from inconsistent bullet tips. On some lead tip bullets the difference can be huge.

I did not read all through the replys on this thread , so this all may have been mentioned . it's a short list of things that I think are important to guys starting out .

must haves;
press, die set , shell holders , case trimmer , drop tube funnel , measuring calipers , scale , debur tool , loading tray , tweezers , lube pad and lube or some way to lube cases , bullet puller , stuck case remover , the last two are like an eraser on a pencil , you will make mistakes

nice to have;
hand primer , case prep center , primer flipper , extra measuring caliper , annealer , I really like the redding competition shellholder set

should have ;
head space tools , comparator tools , powder trickler

not worth it to me ;
powder drop measure . I use a bunch of different powders , for a bunch of different ammo , these powder drops take time to set up . I just use the Lee powder spoons to get the bulk of my powder on the scale then trickle up .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.