New Lapua 300 Win Mag brass finally

I'm planning on getting some as soon as I can. Love Lapua brass. Norma is a close 2nd and is what I'm running in my .300WinMag now. I think I'm on the 3rd reloading and so far no issues with primer pockets. I haven't really been babying them either. 3070fps with 212gn ELD-X's and 2967fps with 225's. I could bump both of those up a notch (.5gn) or two but I feel like I'm on the edge, you know conservative or go for broke!
Maybe by the time these give up the pockets, things will be aligned so I can get the Lapua. .300 RUM Lapua brass would be the deal. Then I could cross over to the "big boy stick" :) but also get some for my .270 Allen Mag (again, now using Norma). You definitely have to pay to play.

Today I mailed with mr Seikkula, sales and marketing manager at Lapua. From his answer:

"...the manufacturing of next .300 Win Mag. lot should start by the end of May. I think the first cases will leave the factory to our distributors by the end of June"

Sounds ok, hopefully they'll ship some to the Netherlands.

@richhymas: this website expects 300prc in two weeks: https://www.landro.no/lapua/113617/lapua-hylse-300-prc
I will be looking for other websites to get the same. That's excellent. Also looking for quality dies.

Here it is,June 29,2021 and still no Lapua 300 win mag brass in Helena Montana!
I have alerts everywhere you can have one and still check the sites every day and sometimes several times a day and still no Lapua 300 win mag brass.Maybe tomorrow

Swamplord I have shot the 300 UM and stayed away due to recoil and I am shooting a 300 weatherby mag so I thought I would be at home with the 300 UM but not so as for some reason I keep aging and things I could have done at 30 I can't do now.
I had a brain scan a couple years back and was asked by the doctor if I shot high power rifles in the past and I said yes.He said over time it can have an effect on the brain.Thats why I stay away from anything above 300 weatherby mag.
My self imposed limit is the 300 weatherby mag and not even close to max loads but shoots great!
Just an opinion from a guy that shot all his life

You're in luck, Petersen now make 300 WBY brass and I got 100 pcs from Grafs, gonna form 50 pcs for my 340 Wby and the other 50 will become 375 H&H for my brother, good brass = good times

Recent Posts