300 win mag lapua brass

pieces of brass

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • 100-200

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • 200+

Votes: 45 50.6%

• Total voters
I have had Bertram brass(not for the 300) and I would rate it at least as good as, most likely better than, Lapua brass. I fear it would not give the velocity I desire.

Have used 300WM Lapua/Norma brass in past and have longed for some more - at least 400 pcs as I have "several" rifles so chambered.

that rws is a pipe dream. I tried to order some and then got an email that said it isn't actually available but they will put you down when it does become available.

Currently I use Bertram brass in my .308 Norma and it's the best brass I've ever used. I am using a few grains less than standard loads and making great velocity because the thicker brass reaches pressure faster and it holds up. My primer pockets are very tight and havent loosened up at all. All the brass weighs within a few grains of each other and it wasn't hard to match prep as the flash holes and primer pockets were already pretty uniform and deburred.

that rws is a pipe dream. I tried to order some and then got an email that said it isn't actually available but they will put you down when it does become available.

I will go in and talk to Fred Huntington the owner, and get the info on availability and restock info. They keep tons of RWS in stock and it may just be waiting on enough product for reorder.

Just bumping this up. I dont think Lapua 300 wm brass is a pipe dream. Its a very logical move for them given the wm's popularity. I would even have to have one if Lapua made brass. I really want to see them make 28 and 30 nosler brass, that is a pipe dream though.

I will buy some. I still have some of their first run new and used. The first 100 new pcs I started in my 300 win several years ago are all still going but primer pockets are now in need of a swedge after 15 firings. My loads have all be at max with heavy bullets. I have shot lots of Norma brass before. None even made it past 5 firings.

Jeff
+1 to that statement.... That's it in a nutshell!

I called them a few months ago and mentioned 28 nosler brass. They said the more calls they get the more times it gets mentioned. I don't really understand why they don't up there line up like Norma does. If there known for making awesome brass why wouldn't they offer an bigger line up?

I called them a few months ago and mentioned 28 nosler brass. They said the more calls they get the more times it gets mentioned. I don't really understand why they don't up there line up like Norma does. If there known for making awesome brass why wouldn't they offer an bigger line up?
Do you have the number? Maybe we can flood them with calls for 300 win and nosler brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.