pieces of brass

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • 100-200

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • 200+

Votes: 45 50.6%

• Total voters

TheFishBox

I am curious how many of you guys would be actually in for buying lapua 300 win mag brass. I emailed lapua and they said they are evaluating it for future introduction. I thought maybe we could help them by giving an idea of the demand. Now don't get me wrong I don't have any sway, or someones ear, or anything like that just a guy who would like lapua to make this brass. if more than 200 maybe say how many pieces you would be interested in.

I'd also love to see some Lapua 7mm RemMag brass and 7mm STW brass, as well. There's a lot of us out there, as well, that it would make it worth their while to design and make some...Even if it's just one or two runs a year.

I'd probably be in for about 250 .300 WinMag brass. Even if I rarely shoot a rifle, I still try to keep atleast that many brass on-hand, even if I only use 50 at a time.

Not currently. I would definitely had been interested in buying 200 pieces of Lapua when I was doing my initial load work for my 300WM a few years ago. The Norma brass that I ended up using turned out to be quite good in terms of brass life, consistency, and overall quality and would find it inconvenient and costly to change. If I were to do another build, I would probably acquire 200 pieces of the Lapua.

If Lapua agrees to provide 300 WM brass again this is how the deal will go down. Phone call to Norma from Lapua "Hey, can we get a run of 300 WM brass with our name on it? You know, just like before when you used to do it so that we can put it in our new blue plastic boxes and sell it as if it's actually manufactured by Lapua?" Norma says "Sure how much do you need and when?"

I'd probably buy a couple hundred and sell my RWS stash. Then I can get the case volume back although I doubt it's any tougher.

How's it compare to Lapua, resisting primer pocket swelling with pressure?

Paul I did some volume testing and shot some. It lines right up with RWS. Good strong brass with a lower case volume than many. Knowing you, I don't see you prematurely loosening primer pockets in RWS or Bertram.

Jeff

I will buy some. I still have some of their first run new and used. The first 100 new pcs I started in my 300 win several years ago are all still going but primer pockets are now in need of a swedge after 15 firings. My loads have all be at max with heavy bullets. I have shot lots of Norma brass before. None even made it past 5 firings.

Jeff

How's it compare to Lapua, resisting primer pocket swelling with pressure?

The current batch of Bertram brass I have is beefed up in the web similar to the Lapua brass, the sidewalls are thicker in the web and the area between the bottom of primer pocket and inside of case is thicker, cases now resemble a whiskey shot glass, lots more material to retain primer pocket integrity, so far once fire cases have not expanded in the web any measurable amount with a caliper

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 426
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 279
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.