New guy that breaks the rules….

For whatever it's worth. I was slightly turned off to this forum's uptight rules about a decade ago. I was wrong, I miss the stricter enforcement of civility. Not that it's not civil now, just less bs. It's kept me in check plenty of times cause I value the forum.

I felt much the same, thankfully……. either I've adapted or they've been relaxed a little! memtb

IMG_0416.jpeg

If someone asks for help, and I reply with a suggestion or answer, and they don't agree, or worse, I just move along and let them figure it out. I don't bet irritated about it.
I don't normally either and typically won't say anything if I do get irritated. It just tripped the right trigger I guess maybe it was the "ink's not even dry" on the membership. I'm over it.

Last edited:
…..and it continues! Every thread this guy touches (one from 13 years ago) turns into a "grinding your teeth on sandpaper" feeling. Starts at #6 post below…

Last edited:
Yes sir, it was obvious from the very beginning that she/it/they or whatever pronoun is appropriate was a problem child!

There are some that are just socially inept jerks and some that are likely miserable with their own lives and wish to share the misery!

If we wish to continue to use this and other forums…..it's a cross we must bear! memtb
Just saw another post from them\him, whatever organization he is from showing two WW2 weapons. I didn't respond to it. Made my hair stand up.

I'd come to this forum from snipers hide. There was no civility from them. Biggest bunch of A holes ever. This was a relief to participate in. Len does a great job policing it. I'd gone to the Grendel forum when I first got one to learn more about it. They were pretty cool.
Funny you mentioned the "hide". Yesterday I was having issues with vertical stringing , got home and started google searching, a thread came up related to my problem from that forum, holy cow!, the profanity they throw at each other made even me blush, and I didn't know you could say that crap on a forum without being deleted. This is the only forum I belong to, mostly because for the better, most agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Funny you mentioned the "hide". Yesterday I was having issues with vertical stringing , got home and started google searching, a thread came up related to my problem from that forum, holy cow!, the profanity they throw at each other made even me blush, and I didn't know you could say that crap on a forum without being deleted. This is the only forum I belong to, mostly because for the better, most agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Yep, that sent me packing. They were like monkeys have a feces fight at the zoo. Who could sling the biggest tur@ won. But at times it was entertaining. I can't say I learned anything other than colorful curse words there.

24hr Campfire is great in small doses, very small doses, 1 or 2 threads and I am whipped
It's a bit different than most sites, with very few restrictions…..some think of it as Freedom! If ya rub folks wrong…..ya better have a thick, I mean "real thick" skin! 😉

It's much like the real world, some bad folks and some good folks. It just takes a bit of time to determine who's who!

The ignore button can work wonders! I'm rather certain that I may be on ignore by a few members. I've been a member since January of 01….I'm also certain that in 23 years, I "may" have upset a few! 🤔 memtb

Lots of good people on this forum. Only hunting firearm forum I belong to. I've hunted for over 65 years and reloaded for approximately 60 years. But have learned a lot since joining this forum. And of course it's cost me a fair amount of money. Lol. If you actually pay any attention to the responses it doesn't take long to figure members out. Right up front I will admit that I really don't contribute much to the forum. I have never grasped why people join then ask for advice only to tell everyone one how wrong they are. Or the people that will start going on about how we need more gun control. My garsh this is a site that people own firearms, how in the world would you ever think that would be popular. We all have opinions and to me the idea of a forum is to share but if you don't agree either move on or at least be civil. Sorry again I didn't really contribute anything. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Recent Posts