New Bushnell 6500

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by benchrest, Nov 11, 2008.

1. benchrest

benchrest Member

Anyone using one yet? Whats the feedback?

2. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

3. benchrest

benchrest Member

Thanks Eaglet. I had read whats been posted so far but unable to find any info from someone actually using one and how they are holding up to heavy recoil and such. I agree that they should be better than the 32 and 4200 but .

4. edge

edge Well-Known Member

Are the reticles the same as on the 3200's?

Looking toward the Sun at dawn and dusk the 3200 reticle "flares" a bronze color and obstructs the view badly, IMO.

I want the 4.5-30x 6500, but the reticle has me up in the air. For $667. it is very tempting :)

edge.

5. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

I like my 4.5-30 MD. I've shot it on all my rifles from 220 Swift to my 338 RUM. Crisp repeatable clicks. Good scope for the money.

6. benchrest

benchrest Member

how many rounds on top of the 338 geargrinder?

7. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

Round numbers:

200 with the Swift

120 with the 300 win

80 with the 338 RUM

It will also get some time over a 7mmRUM as soon as my reamer and dies show up.

8. benchrest

benchrest Member

Thanks, it sounds as if it may work on the Lapua.

9. ScottBerish

ScottBerish Well-Known Member

That is the result of a wire reticle, and the reflection of your face bounces back into the scope and lights it up. Etched reticles never do that.

That is a good price, especially if that is door to door.

Scott

10. edge

edge Well-Known Member

11. ScottBerish

It looks like shipping would be added. They are a sponsor here and we no longer are, so I can't comment any further.

12. Tom Brush

Tom Brush Well-Known Member

I am interested in the 6500 too. I looked at both models and almost bought one. I took them outside and looked at a brick wall. The scopes were mounted on a slave stock. I did not think that the resolution was that good. The turrets on the scopes did not have positive clicks. I passed on the purchase. After I returned home I looked at my Leupold VXIII 8.5 X 25 and felt that it was a much better scope. I would like to hear more comments from people that actually have them mounted on a rifle. The slave stock was good but it was not rested on bags. I have seen reference on the web that they will have tactical models in 2009. These should have better adjustments.

Tom

13. ScottBerish

If you dig up my internet comments on the Elite 6500 you will see I always thought the compromise was made in the glass, especially vs. the Elite 4200. Looks like your eye saw the same thing.

Scott

14. Tom Brush

Tom Brush Well-Known Member

ScottBerish:

I just did not feel that the scope had clairity to match the price. I liked the power range. I ended up buying an Elite 3200 which is a very clear scope. Mine is a 3 X 9. I do not think that this scope is as sharp on 9X as it is on 3 to 8 power.

Tom