Bushnell 6500

Plott hound

I am getting close to recieving my first long range gun. It is a 338 lapua improved. I would like to top it with the Bushnell 6500 in 4.5x30x50. Has anyone out there had good luck with this scope and do you think I will be happy with it? Oh also you should know I will put the kenton turrets on it . Using it mostly for hunting and some target shooting. I wou;d like all thoughts and ideas please. Thanks in advance Don

I have the Bushnell 6500 4.5 X 30 Tactical Mil Dot 50 mm I also have the 2.5 X 16.The 30 power is on my Rem 700 xcr tactical compact 308 with a 155 A Max reload zeroed at 200 yds 2 mil dot down the zero is on 300 yards.I have not shot at 400 yards with it yet but past that distance you would have to start cranking the elevation turret.The optics seem clear enough for me.I have put over 800 reloads thru the gun and scope combo and have had no problems.The xcr will shoot 1/2 inch groups at 200yds.Should be doing some longer range shooting soon.

Have a new 6500 4.5-30x50 mildot in the box that has yet to get put on anything and what little I have played around with it I would say the glass is very good. How accurately it adjusts up and down and returns to zero I have no idea because it hasn't been mounted yet. The only real complaint I have heard about them is they have alot less vertical adjustment than some of the others.

I aggree on the lack of adjustment. I just ordered th Leupold 8.5x25. and 25 MOA bases. Thanks all for looking and responding.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.