New brush gun for 6 year old

engineer40

This is my new build for my 6 year old. It may be a bit much for him now, but I think he'll grow into it.

Custom everything, no expense spared on this build.

We wanted something that could shoot through dense brush and not get deflected easily.

Ammo is pretty cheap... but most rounds we've tried so far have fragmented on game.

Haven't had time to chrono any loads yet. Maybe if it's nice this weekend I can try. I'll report back with results.

So far we're enjoying shooting it together! :)

potato gun.jpg

Haha. Gotcha... We pretty much are goofing and playing pranks year round in my house!

Joking aside, I am going to try to shoot this over my chronograph. Let's make some guesses on the velocity!?!?

I'll start by saying I think it will go 600fps. Any guesses?

Haha. Gotcha... We pretty much are goofing and playing pranks year round in my house!

Joking aside, I am going to try to shoot this over my chronograph. Let's make some guesses on the velocity!?!?

I'll start by saying I think it will go 600fps. Any guesses?

I'd guess closer to 350 fps lol

Was this the result of using target potatoes or hunting potatoes?

I have always been the one to push using the proper potato for what you are shooting at. A non-expanding potato can pencil through while seed potatoes are known for splatting on impact.

I strongly suggest testing yams and sweet potatoes. Please be a responsible potato cannon shooter, if you don't, you'll make the rest of us look bad.
Tried this once, but must have had bad ammo. Upon exiting the muzzle, the projectile turned into either Crinkle, Home or French fries.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.