New Beast from Allen Precision Shooting!!!

As Kirby said, thanks to all for the kind words. We are pretty much of the same kind set as Kirby. KISS. With or hunting bullets We have two things that truly matter. Accuracy and terminal performance. Neither can be sacrificed.

If it wasn't for Kirby taking us out shooting long range for our first go at it 10 plus years ago, We never would have gotten into this bullet thing. He created an addiction in us that just took over everything. This whole bullet thing just kinda happened as a result of the addiction. We (Brian and I) are just a couple of farm boys with a passion. We make mistakes here and there and definitely learn everything the hard way. We'll always stay true to our principles and always bring the best product that it's possible.

Forgot about that video Kirby. That was back when we were using a thicker oil in the lathe and the residual oil in the hollow point would leave that spectacular trace!

Yep, when the bullet ripped down the valley and hammered that big whitetail, my guide said, "I could see the vapor trail all the way to impact!!" After watching the video and knowing what its supposed to look like i knew something was not NORMAL!! Then after talking with you you said it was likely oil left in the HP burning as the bullet flew to the target.

Was pretty cool to see and forever captured on video. That was quite a year for the 128 gr. Hammer and the 257 Allen Magnum. 688" of whitetail horn for the season, and that was in just three bucks!!!

Increasing the form factor would entail slimming the nose, shortening the baring surface, etc. All of these things would result in weight loss. Then there is only one way to gain that weight back. Make the pill longer. This would result in more needed twist and dynamic stability issues. The longer for caliber a bullet gets the more they "struggle" to swap ends in flight. No matter what, weight always adds bc. Form factor can become an effort in futility.

Yes, more twist would allow us to create a heavier bullet with better bc. It will more than likely need more horse power to be more effective than the smaller bullet. It would take some experimenting. More hp behind the current design would increase the current bullets potential making it that much more difficult for the heavier, better form factor slower bullet that needs more twist to stay stable, bullet to catch up in the race.

I guess this is what drives us to find more performance.

Just a heads up to all that should desire to build one of these beasts....
Lilja barrels now has a 10 twist available! How do I know this?? Well heck, I paid for the tooling and already have one barrel which is a 34" with another 39" coming my way in a couple months.

Just a heads up to all that should desire to build one of these beasts....
Lilja barrels now has a 10 twist available! How do I know this?? Well heck, I paid for the tooling and already have one barrel which is a 34" with another 39" coming my way in a couple months.

I will be testing a 10 twist barrel in my 458 Maximus and seeing just how heavy of a 458 bullet we can use from Hammer bullets. I am thinking AT LEAST 750 grains, possibly close to 800 gr!!!

Then just need to see how it will perform and if it will be worth it over the 680 gr. version. I personally believe it will only help improve performance because it will help get load density up into that near 100% level which my goal is always 98-99%.

I may have missed it, but how does case capacity compare to the 460 Steyr? Looks like your design is a little longer.