New toys from ALLEN PRECISION....

Fifty, thought it was a typo, just wanted to make sure. No problem. Going out all weekend with the 338 AM to get everything dialed in, I'll report back. Steels all painted up, can't wait!

I hope this is not a dumb question but...is this something that can be done to any caliber? Ex: If I were to send you my current 7mm RUM could the chamber be modified for the same or similar effect? Would it require new dies and fire forming brass? Or is this something that doesnt effect the shape of the case at all? Sorry for all the questions, I am just very intrigued.

I have the 7mm throating reamer but at this time, I need more testing before offering it to the public. If it works, I will get these reamers in all the more popular calibers.

It will not effect what dies you use or fireforming brass in any way, its a dimensional change in the throat design is all, not the chamber design.

My real concern at this point is how long the throat design will last with accurate performance. I have to get that determined before I will offer it as a custom option for my customers.

It will be great for any firearm application. The lower the intensity of the chambering the longer the barrel life and the benefits should be just as good as with the upper end performing rounds.

Could be big, more testing to come.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts