New 15i won't fire

auditar

I just bought it yesterday. After about 30 shots it simply stopped firing. The arrow is mounted properly and tried 3 different arrows. I am careful to crank slowly until the cocking mechanism clicks into place. All I get is a click when pulling the trigger.

When attempting to uncock the bow it fired the arrow(I was pointed in a safe direction but still worrisome and lost the arrow). I tried two other times with same result. After the misfire I had to first relieve some pressure and then crank back slightly and the bow would fire.

I was just going to take it back but thought I'd check in here first.

Any help appreciated...thanks

I was able to run it by the dealer and reproduce the problem. They are looking into it. After the initial trigger pull they got it to shoot randomly by messing with the trigger, safety and once it shot after a 1-2 second delay.

The dealer found a pin in the trigger assembly that was supposed to be a pressed fit. The pin was loose causing the hammer issue. I don't any pics nor did I see it for myself.

Once the initial trigger pull malfunctioned the bow was in a state where it would randomly shoot. Could be a short delay or caused by any kind of jostling.

Sorry I couldn't explain it better. I have little mechanical knowledge of the bow as I only had it 4 hours before it malfunctioned.

Long story short it's going back to PSE for repair. Hopefully all goes well.

Hi auditar,
I have no doubt PSE will easily replace the entire trigger mechanism. They are very good about replacing faulty parts on these crossbows.

The thing i wanted to suggest to you is you may want to consider replacing the factory trigger with a Timney AR15 competitive trigger. Len and Andy are distributors for Timney and sell them in their shop. There price is the same as you'd pay if you ordered from Timney themselves.

The Timney Triggers are are much lighter in pull weight than the factory triggers and they have no creep, so they are a real pleasure to shoot compared to the factory trigger system.

If the price is an issue most people would tell you to save up your money and make the change when you have it because it's one of the most important modifications most shooters perform to their TAC15 / 15i's.

Regards,

Jon Henry

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.