Hot New TAC15/15i Arrows

jon.henry755

Hi All,
It's been a while since I've published any entirely new threads, but I thought it was time to let everyone know that there's a brand new arrow on the market that's being made specifically to address the needs of the TAC15/15i crossbow and others like it that require a longer, stiffer spine for crossbows shooting at 400+ fps.

These brand new arrows I'm talking about are being sold by Firenock. That's right, like it or not our friend Dorge has been at it again only this time he's come up with a shaft that I can tell you first hand is the best shaft for the TAC15 crossbows that I've ever seen or heard about.

The specifications for this new shaft are as follows: 0.001"straightness, total length 26.15", .180 spine at the back .125 mid section and closer to .80 at the front.

With close to no weight penalty when compare to the 250 spine for the current Aerobolt II. This shaft is 0.384 grains more weight per inch, but the spine is WAY heavier and Dorge can reduce length for the inner.

It will be called the Aerobolt II 200 and will become available within two or three weeks according to the people at Firenock. It is also the foundation for the new 1000 grain Crossbow arrow name the Dragon Slayer for 2013. I cannot wait show these new arrows off! Along with the fact that these arrows were designed to out-perform anything on the market, they are also being offered for a small additional fee with the spines market on their stiff side so anyone can index their nocks for optimal performance and tuning.

No other manufacture world wide is offering shafts of this quality with this type of custom matching and tuning work involved.

Now let's also touch on the penetration and performance factors. At a weight factor of .384 grains per inch greater than the standard Aerobolt II's, these shafts are untouchable in the amount of K.E. (Kinetic Energy) released on impact.

These arrows are not only devastating for White Tail deer, but these are exactly what you're looking for when hunting large big game animals such as Elk, Moose, Grizzly Bear or African big game animals. These shafts will easily handle all broadheads from the lightest 100 grain heads all the way up to and including heads in the 160 and 175 grain weight category.

If you are looking for one set of arrows that are absolutely the finest materials and built to out perform the rest of the field, then look no further than these gems.

For more information and availability please contact Dorge at Firenock, but you'll be waiting behind me, since my order is already standing to insure I get some before anything changes.

They are available in 2 vane, 3 vane and four vane configurations, but for the TAC15/15i I would suggest maintaining the standard four fletch unless you've completed the arrow rest conversion to a QAD Ultra Rest.

Regards,

Jon Henry

I've been testing these arrows, too. From tip to nock, these are the best you can buy. I'm impressed with the accuracy and consistency I'm getting with the stock PSE arrows from my TAC 15- 3/4" 30 yard group for 6 arrows, each shot into a paper target then removed before shooting the next arrow. However, Dorge's arrows are shooting in the same hole.

It is great that there are now a lot of other good arrows out there, but Dorge sets the standard for what you can do with a bow.

Thanks 755.

I have been looking for different arrows for my TAC 15 and have not been able to find
something heavier.

I have always opted for heavier shafts on all of my bows because of Kinetic energy
and quietness.

I am realy interested in the 1000 grain arrows and will be checking them out.

Thanks for the heads up.

J E CUSTOM

If you want to shoot length-wise through a city-bus, that 1000-grainer is for you!:rolleyes:

This sounds a bit overkill for deer, given that the standard arrow will probably blow through 3 deer standing side-by-side, if you wanted to wait for them to line up. :D

Hi Twanger,
Different needs for different folks. When hunting on the African continent that 1000 grain arrow has a real purpose.

Even though most people don't believe in the existence of Dragons or Dinosaurs any longer, it's always comforting to know that should these beasts show up unexpectedly in anybodies neighborhood, we have the type of arrow needed to deal with the unexpected!!!!

Dream big and imagine the type of penetration power and energy these things will provide for those who need more power.

Regards,

Jon

When an elephant shows up at my place, it's either the 1,000 grainer or Jello.

Everybody knows that elephants can't stand on Jello without slipping and killing themselves, so when I think there's an elephant sneaking around the house I break out the Jello and smear it all over the floors.

Works every time!!!!

Jon

Many places in Africa, you are not allow to shot an animal unless your archery projectile is at least 1000 grains. That is why I make this so there is not an issue when you show up. I just do not like the concept of packed sand or steel rods in an arrow. Those rigged arrow have no consistency and accuracy on shoot over 20 yards if that far.

Many places in Africa, you are not allow to shot an animal unless your archery projectile is at least 1000 grains. That is why I make this so there is not an issue when you show up. I just do not like the concept of packed sand or steel rods in an arrow. Those rigged arrow have no consistency and accuracy on shoot over 20 yards if that far.

And thank you for it.

A 1000 grain arrow and 100 pound bow "ARE" required in lots of countries if you plan on
taking one or all of the Big 5.(I wonder why)????

As for over kill, As some say "There is no such thing as over kill" Dead is dead.

An arrow kills with momentum and heavy arrows will always penetrate further.

With normal deer hunting I used between 90 and 96 pounds of bow weight and 700 to 800
grain arrows and never failed to completely penetrate deer end to or end side to side leaving
an entrance and an exit hole doubling the blood trail and reducing the bleed out time +
it allows you to look at the arrow and evaluate the hit to decide if you wan 't to start tracking
or wait until morning.

Also one of the preferred Long range hits on game is the High shoulder shot, because it normally
puts them down right there. With heavy arrows and heavy bow weights this a good shot if tracking
conditions are not good (Rain, high winds,Etc) and you want to see the game fall.

I have shot very large hogs when charging and put the arrow completely through from front to
back and ended a vary bad situation quickly. and the hogs never complained about over kill.

The only bad thing about heavy arrows is the trajectory and requiring more practice everything
else is a plus.

Thanks again for saving me from having to glue one shaft inside another to add weight and spine.

J E CUSTOM

I'd like to thank Dorge and J.E. Custom both for taking the time to explain and enlighten all of us readers to the international regulations for Truly Big Game Hunting.

I think most people have never really been exposed to it and are therefore somewhat limited as to what it really takes to take down these types of animals,so therefore their knowledge is limited to only what they have experience with.

Dorge has an excellent understanding of a much broader world and obviously J.E. Custom also has a similar knowledge base. Both should be recognized and thanked for sharing this knowledge with everybody whop reads this form.

Hats off to both of you for being so kind as to share this knowledge!

On a different note - hopefully everybody who reads this thread will now have a better understanding of what I've been raving about when I opened this thread and pointed out the extreme benefit and value that each shooter gets with the ownership of the new arrows that Firenock is producing in this series.

The new Aerobolt II 200's will deliver a type of accuracy and penetration performance that is unmatched in a production arrow by anybody else world wide.

Don't just take my word for it, try some and see for yourself. I'm willing to bet that you'll never go back to shooting anything else again.

Regards,

Jon

Funny Jon! Reminds me of a friend, Don Wald, that has moved on to his final reward... When somebody would ask if some marginal caliber would kill deer, he'd say "Wall, you knooow, you could kill a deer with a rancid corn beef sandwich too, but there better choices!"

Hi Twanger,
Your friend sounded like a wise man!

Once in a while I think it's important to lighten things up a bit with a little humor. We can all use a little now and then considering the type of stressful world we live in.

Just think, we were able to get a few people to laugh or at least smile and still get the important technical information on the table. Not bad! :)

Jon

I got the pricing done. The great new is that I am going to charge only $1.00 more for this new shaft. So it is $69.00 for 3. While Dragon slayer, due to the 3 full size carbon shafts and the labor involved, it is going to be starting $114.00 for 3 with vanes, points and pods, excluding any custom spine indexing, and Firenocks.

Funny Jon! Reminds me of a friend, Don Wald, that has moved on to his final reward... When somebody would ask if some marginal caliber would kill deer, he'd say "Wall, you knooow, you could kill a deer with a rancid corn beef sandwich too, but there better choices!"

That is good !!!!

I never tried a corn beef sandwich, but I do try to be prepaired for any circumstances when
hunting and the heavy arrows worked when a light weight arrow would not,and the shot never
presented itself.

I always hunted with Murphy(Of Murphy's law) and if it could happen it did. Lots of times I had
a perfict setup but the game would never give me the perfict broadside shot so many times I
was able to take a shoulder shot or a frontal shot with complete penetration and save the
hunt and defeat Murphy in the process.

I'm not saying a heavy arrow is for everyone, unless you are using small broad heads and taking
only ribcage shot light arrows will work.

The other benefit of heavy arrows is the bow or crossbow will be much quieter.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts