Need some luck!

goodgrouper

We are going to try for the 2000 yard club once again this weekend and are really needing mother nature to be nice to us. Anyone know any anti-wind dances?!
I would rather have one calm day right now than a date with Elizabeth Hurley!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ANyway, we will report back on the 11th.

Good shooting to all!

Well I will say good luck to you GG!!
I hope you guys each get a 2K chuck!
Show us some pics either way.

Good luck to all of you
You headed to Idaho or some other place?
I have never hunted the Varmits much but have joined the VHA in hopes of the 1K club some day, then I found out you have to have two club members, so some day I need to hookup with another member and go shooting.

Keep us posted its always nice to see your pics.

CAM

Our friend Dave in Idaho always makes the HoHo sacrifice to the hunting gods. He buys a twin pack of HoHos at a convience store the morning of the hunt. On his way to the hunting grounds he rolls down the window, waves the HoHo in a motion resembling a blessing, says things that sound latin (not to be confused with latino) "Ominous Dominous Mi Phili Mi Boni Belli" or some such thing. Then in one smooth motion he releases the now holy HoHo into the care of the hunting gods. The other HoHo is shared first by the person performing the sacrifce then with the others who may be in the car at the time.

Never fails. When the sacrifice is performed correctly we always get a hit on something.

Well as a new member of 1k plus killing I will also wish you good luck and as you told me "may the hunting and wind gods be with you" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Are you going to use the MOAG?? We will all be expecting some photos early monday morning, hopefully of some freshly waxed chucks at 2k. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good Luck Guys
Steve

[ QUOTE ]
Our friend Dave in Idaho always makes the HoHo sacrifice to the hunting gods. He buys a twin pack of HoHos at a convience store the morning of the hunt. On his way to the hunting grounds he rolls down the window, waves the HoHo in a motion resembling a blessing, says things that sound latin (not to be confused with latino) "Ominous Dominous Mi Phili Mi Boni Belli" or some such thing. Then in one smooth motion he releases the now holy HoHo into the care of the hunting gods. The other HoHo is shared first by the person performing the sacrifce then with the others who may be in the car at the time.

Never fails. When the sacrifice is performed correctly we always get a hit on something.

[/ QUOTE ]4ke'y,
you owe me a new keyboard, my tunafish sandwich was just launched through my nostrils onto my keyboard making a late 4th of july fireworks display, please send me fifty dollars and I will give you change the next time we hook up.
B

Brian B,
Did you really mess up the keyboard? I have to admit that was funny, 4ked Horn is guilty!
Sorry 4ky! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh Brian, Brian, Brian.
I think it is the other way around. It it you and Jim and Roland and Dave who owe me. Dave in Idaho was going to arrive late the morning we shot chucks together so I performed the sacrifice. You guys shot chucks all day. In excelent weather I might add.

Now I will ask you to recall the following day and how many chucks were shot (or even seen). Yep, that number was approaching 0.

I rest my case.

Now for the bookwork.

4 (8 actually) hunters worth of all day chucks @ $50 each = $200

Good weather day EXACTLY on the day you needed it and right between 2 weeks of crappy weather. = I'll say another $200

And as an added bonus a coyote running THROUGH OUR SETUP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY = (you got it) PRICELESS.

But lets just call it even because GG cleaned my gun for free.(oh wait a sec, no he didn't)

BTW when you guys coming back to finish what we started? It's getting hot here now but mid to end of sept might be a good time.

I should have taken the date with Liz. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
(Which mag is pb? I will have to check that out!)

Our 2000 yard attempt was dashed because of over time work. To make a long story short, the MOAG never came out of the case this weekend.

The grass was too tall in most places to see the chucks at ultra long range anyway so Dave and I laid waste to the chucks we could see. We killed about 35 chucks in two states in 3 days with 15 guns so it wasn't a total bad time!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I did also manage to re-qualify for the 1000 yard club 5 times over the weekend with my 6br improved and 6.5-.284!!
The farthest one was 1165. Dave managed about 7 chucks at over 600 yards with his 22-250 Remmy VSSF.

I also got to pull a "city dude's" Subuaru out of a mud bog caused by melting snow at 10000 feet. You would think that someone traveling around in the mountains while glaciers are still in the road would not try to bonzai over a nasty spot in a car! 10000 feet is a place for trucks, not cars.

Anyway, thanks for the HO-HO chant 4kie. It was very calm so I think it worked. Now do you have a chant for warding off the evil overtime work fairy??
Oh well, we'll give it another try in two weeks. Hopefully all the stars will align and the force will be with us.
PS. While Jenny is MUUUUUUUUUUUUCH better than Angelina, she still has nothing over Liz!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
They both had the worlds dumbest boyfriends. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Now do you have a chant for warding off the evil overtime work fairy??

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I can't help you there. SW has to adhere to the same equal opportunity employment laws as everyone else. But maybe if you bought him some tickets to a musical he might give you a break now and then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

good shooting on the chucks, pb was short for playboy you wont waste your money on that issue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
my only problem with the "long shots" now is my farmer friend sent me to place that needs "help"getting the groundhog population down.all offhand with the .223 in a 5 acre area,im up to 26 and more to go.i can see the soybeans growing now.i need to get back to the long fields.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.