Need help with 6.5 creedmoor loads

You won't reach 2900fps, with Hornady brass, even in a 28" barrel and that's using good ole RL17.
I got to 2850 pusing a 140gn Barnes MB/ Lapua SRP/ CCI 450s with Ramshot Hunter in a 26" barrel. I had case room for more powder, but the brass started looking like the cylinder on a revolver with all the ejector marks going around the head. Probably could have gotten there with a Berger LRBT, it has a wicked short bearing surface, a full tenth shorter than most 140s.

have you tried superperformance. They claim 100- 200 fps MV gains, but the accuracy might be missing. Looks like your current load is close enough to make it a moot point.
Energy difference is negligible as well as ballistic differences

Last edited:
I appreciate your input dierel the reason I would like 2900+ is for hunting at long range in my opinion every little bit helps. I also have not seen much information on different powders and was hoping there was some stellar load people had worked up.
funny, in tbe the manuals i see load with rl17,19,and 26. What happened to 23 and 22.

And, I might add, at extended ranges accuracy will trump 50fps in velocity.
6.5 creed will take down an elk inside of 350 yards, otherwise I'd keep my quarry limited to deer/ antelope size if you're stretching your barrel beyond that. JMO