need help with a load

bradnc

does anyone know of a good powder and charge weight to use with 180 grain nosler accubonds in a .300wsm.i would like to get 2900fps out of a 24in barrel.somone gave me 2 full boxes of the bullets and i dont want to buy another reloading book.and ive been unable to find any info on the accubonds thank you

Have you gone to Nosler's web site? They have a "ballistics room" there with free handloading data for their bullets.

Nosler: bullets, ammunition, rifles, brass, and reloading data.

I copied that link right from their .300 WSM/180 gr loads, but if it doesn't work, just go to Nosler.com and poke around a bit, you'll find it under "information" then "ballistics room."

A local .300 WSM enthusiast here uses Ramshot Hunter powder with excellent results too. I've loaded some test rounds with it, but haven't had an opportunity to get to the range with them yet.

Regards, Guy

I just go a few good consecutive groups from a 180 accubond using 64 gr H 4350 and getting 2880 fps out of a 23.5" 1 in 11 twist barrel. No pressure signs to speak of with charges up to 2950 fps. Start lower and work your way up!
good luck.

The Nosler book shows IMR 7828 @68 gr will give you 2946 fps. It's listed as an accurate load and 97% of case cap. Max load is 70.0 gr.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.