Need help with 6.5 creedmoor loads

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by TristanTilberg, Feb 28, 2012.

1. TristanTilberg

TristanTilberg Active Member

I am picking up a Ruger m77 mkII target in 6.5 creedmoor and have not purchased reloading components yet but leaning towards 140gr berger hunting vlds and obviously Hornady brass. I would like to know whats working for everyone else and load data I am hoping to reach 2900+fps with a 28" barrel please help me out.

2. diriel

diriel Well-Known Member

2900 in a 6.5 Creedmoor with a 140gr pill is moving along pretty fast my friend... Not entirely sure that is going to prove do-able. For reference the factory load uses H4350 and a Fed 210M primer and used to be listed at 2800 fps with a 28" barrel. Very accurate ammunition.

3. TristanTilberg

TristanTilberg Active Member

I appreciate your input dierel the reason I would like 2900+ is for hunting at long range in my opinion every little bit helps. I also have not seen much information on different powders and was hoping there was some stellar load people had worked up.

4. diriel

diriel Well-Known Member

A little bird whispered RL 17 into my ear... perhaps this will get you where you would like to go :)

5. toyonrocks

toyonrocks Active Member

I'll have to ask my buddy what his exact recipe is but his 6.5 is a tack driver!! I know he's seating his bullets just back off the lands and using 4831 sc, federal match primers and the burgers and he's convinced that's the ticket. He took an elk at about 400 through some fog this year so I know it works.