Need help deciding on a stock

skuna

Not new to rifles or hunting, but am new to custom rifles and long range shooting. I'm getting a 300rum built on a 700 action and #4 shilen barrel. I'm looking for something drop in ready. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Just finished a rifle with a Greybull stock. Really like it. That would be my pick for a drop in. I beded this one but you don't have to. With a 300rum I would recommend that you did. Dan

I should have mentioned that I wanted something with aluminum bedding built in.

What are the differences of a custom bedded and an aluminum bedded rifle?

Greybull has a alu bedding block. it is just better to bed it also. That way the action and recoil lug is secure. It is even more important with a heavy recoil mag.

I have 9 HS Sporter stocks with check pieces . And I really like them.They all have camo paint jobs except one. I would buy another one in a heart beat. But I have thought about the Greybull Stock. I would like to see a Greybull in person. Anyone close to Roseburg, Oregon have one?

I have the HS Precision on my LR rifle, had it bedded and it shoots great. Also i haved looked at the Greybull stocks and they look really good too. Of course Manners and Mcmillan are the standards by which all others are measured

I had Kevin Rayhill build my rifle with one of his stocks which have aluminum and pillars built into them. I also had Kevin use a Brux barrel in my build. He is very respected in the building of very accurate target and hunting rifles and you won't brake your bank with him either. Give him a call and he will give you excellent advice. Be prepared though he is a very colorful guy.

Stocks

My new long range popgun. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

joseph

The manners mini chassis won't work with your caliber as they take AI mags and the rum is too long and the ribs in the mag would need machining for it to work,your best bet is greybull,hs or bell and carlson.If you decide that you will have it glass bedded i would recommend the mcmillan htg or manners TA.

Are you interested in a laminated stock with a bedding block check these out.
*NEW!* Bobby Hart AccuBlock Long Range Target / Tactical

I bought one without the bedding block to use for hunting on my 338 Ultra Mag. So I don't bang up the Joel Russo stock I had made. The fit and finish was about as perfect as you can get. I devcon bedded mine and it shoots 5/8 th. inch groups at 300 yds. You would not be dissappointed with one of these stocks.
100_0102.jpg

Tarey

Dont know your budget, but if you want a top end kevlar glass type stock, that comes with bedding and alum. pillars. Look into Lonewolf stocks, you can get many models down to ultra light weight.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.