Need help and suggestions for moa rail and rings Current setup wont work

I ran into the same issue with the 4-16x44 V4 on my long action, so I just threw the Hawkins rings in the parts drawer for a future build. I ended up with a 20 MOA Rail and Seekins .820 Lows. I would have plenty of room for a 50mm Objective, but I can get a very comfortable cheek weld without any kind of riser. This setup should work for you as well. The only thing to be aware of is that there is still not much fore and aft movement because of that large diameter mag ring. Here's a picture of my setup for reference:
IMG_1695.jpg

Do Zeiss import their integrated bar mount system into the US? The scopes are slightly (10%-ish iirc) more expensive but solid as a rock.
From what you are saying the cost will probably not exceed what you are currently up for.
Take a look at https://www.zeiss.com/consumer-products/int/hunting.html there are pix of the system on there, maybe your supplier will exchange your scope. Other info here https://www.optics-trade.eu/uk/mounts/shopby/ring_diameter-zeiss_zm_vm_rail.html
I have a couple of Ruger falling blocks (#1 and #3) and it's about the only firearm Zeiss don't make adaptors for so my old Diavar sets in a pair of Ruger rings and has done since I bought it
IMG_0298.JPG
but if I could get the rail system I'd have one pdq simply because it gives extreme flexibility with the ease the scope can be moved from rifle to rifle, as long as you have a record of your scope settings to dial in.
I could only get stainless rings at the time and the scope is showing both its age and the amount of use it's had.

if that is a blind magazine 700, you will need some room to load the shells. A full picatinny rail will make top loading more difficult ( a cut-out picatinny is a bit easier). lowering the scope will make top loading more difficult also. I would keep the two-piece concept and get different rings and mounts.

I just bought a new Zeiss V4 6-24x50 scope and Hawkins LR Hybrid rings. They were supposed to go on my Rem 700. The rings will not allow my scope to sit properly as the taper to the bell area is to fat. (Photos attached)
I would like the scope to sit lower if possible. I liked the idea of the 25moa rings but they will not work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what you would do in this situation? 20 moa Rail with lower rings? Does someone build a two piece 20 moa pic. rail for the Rem 700 LA?

I spoke with Hawkins and where I bought the rings and they both said I need to change rings and go to a rail or change the scope.

I want to keep the scope.
I could use some advice on where I should go with my setup. I want it as light as possible within reason/price.
Get a 20moa rail and taller rings.

The short answer to this is " It is hard to see through the barrel with enough elevation dialed in for 1000+ yard shots. Your optical axis is lower as range increases to get the desired elevation of the barrel to "lob" in your shot. An extreme example is an artillery sight is completely to the side of the barrel for a target you can see 15 miles away but the barrel is aimed up at 45 degrees to drop the shell on target." This also becomes more of a problem as barrel length increases.
The scope does not move, just the reticle. If you cannot see the barrel through your scope at 100 yards, then you will also not see it at 1000 yards... the scope is not tilting to achieve elevation.

Id use the warne STEEL pic rail and warne 2 pc STEEL rings. The rings that bolt together vertically . The rings are very compact and very precisely machined . Mill whatever clearance you need on the steel base to help with loading ease. Mount the scope in accordance to warnes instructions and never worry about the scope being knocked out of zero becauss of base/ring movement. Price is also reasonable compared to setups from high end specialty lr mount manufacturers. I used the setup on my most resent build and coming from using weaver or leupold mounting systems in the past, i am very impressed !

I finally decided to go with a 20 moa base and Seekins 30mm low rings. I'm not sure I'm going to like losing the access for top loading but I'll see if it works for me.

I finally decided to go with a 20 moa base and Seekins 30mm low rings. I'm not sure I'm going to like losing the access for top loading but I'll see if it works for me.
It'll be fine. I'm not sure I grasp what you mean about top loading though. I have rails on many bdl setups and do not feel impeded but the rails for loading.

The scope does not move, just the reticle. If you cannot see the barrel through your scope at 100 yards, then you will also not see it at 1000 yards... the scope is not tilting to achieve elevation.
My scope tilts. I have a jack wheel under the scope ,250 MOA .

OK the 20 moa Warne base has been bedded and installed along with Seekins low Rings and Scope. It actually turned out pretty nice.
Now I just need to get back to the range.
Thanks for all your help.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.