Need Setup help

tlk

Have a rifle with iron sights; put weaver two piece bases and medium height rings on. Right now, the bottom of the scope is right at the top of the sights). So far, I have excellent jaw weld...:D I wanted to have sights on it as a backup in case the scope dies, but that has created its own issues.
What are my options? Can I bring the scope down lower or will the iron sights begin to mess up the sight picture in the scope? Do I just need to get a cheek piece to raise my eye up to where it needs to be? Are there any iron sight options? Not sure where to go from here. Main criteria is that I keep the sights and scope.

Thanks.

Can someone tell me how to post a pic here? Instructions in the FAQs do not match the screen (no "manage attachments" button, etc).

You have to join a website that will host your pictures like photobucket.com, it's free. Then upload your pics into the website from your computer. After your photo is uploaded then you can copy and paste them here by moving your cursor over the pic and 4 drop down boxes will appear, right click and copy the bottom one (IMG code) and then come here and right click and paste.

DSCN0466.jpg

I would think that you could move down the scope until the image begins to blur (and it may not at all.)

In my opinion, it's way too high as it is. The only scope I've ever owned that wouldn't allow the use of low or x-low rings was a U.S. Optics... and the lows missed clearance by .25 mm or less.

Texas

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.